Hotel Engine, a startup based in Denver, is a leader in travel tech with a demonstrated track record of growth and impact. Our foundations are strong, and we’ve navigated the COVID-19 crisis by bringing our customer obsession, innovative platform, data-driven problem-solving, and bias for action into every decision. By partnering with tens of thousands of businesses and government agencies and hundreds of thousands of hotels around the world, we have built a resilient and adaptable business model and 2021 will be our best year yet. Working hard behind the scenes are exceptional people–from our large engineering and product teams, to our fast-growing sales, supplier and member experience orgs, to our data, marketing, and operations teams. As individuals and together, we show our DNA every day with our curiosity, will to win, ownership and high standards.
Hotel Engine is a Denver-based, high-growth travel tech company that focuses on one goal — to make lodging management easier for businesses. We have customized hotel reservation and management solutions built for the control, transparency, billing, and support needs of both large and small companies. Our team is made up of technology fanatics and hotel industry aficionados whose sole purpose is to make booking hotels for business better — all the while providing rates that are up to 60% less than public rates.
Hotel Engine seeks an IT Support Specialist with strong technical skills and a customer-focused mindset to join our Service Desk team. The ideal candidate for this position has a strong ability to prioritize and handle helpdesk requests from our 150+ associates while also moving the ball forward on various internal IT projects.
In this position, you will be working to keep our teams fully functional and will be a key part of keeping Hotel Engine a dynamic and effective place to work. You will answer queries on basic technical issues and offer advice to solve them.
Must have good technical knowledge and be able to communicate effectively to understand the problem and work towards a solution.
- Serve as first point of contact for associates seeking technical assistance over phone or in person.
- Configure, administer, and support Windows and Mac desktop and laptop workstations.
- Effectively onboard (order, configure and support) approximately 10-25 new hires per month
- Monitor help desk system for incoming requests and resolve or escalate accordingly.
- Install and support business-critical applications.
- Perform remote and in-person troubleshooting through diagnostic techniques and pertinent questions.
- Direct unresolved issues to the next level of support.
- Follow-up and update associate status and information.
- Identify and suggest possible improvements on procedures and technology.
- Document processes and procedures.
- Salary: $20-$25/ hour
Required Education & Experience:
- Proven experience as a help desk technician or other customer support role.
- Tech savvy with working knowledge of office automation products and remote control.
- Good understanding of computer systems, mobile devices, and other tech products.
- Excellent communication skills.
Hotel Engine Total Rewards Philosophy | We recognize that there is more to work than the day-to-day responsibilities. Hotel Engine is on Built in Colorado’s 2021 Best Places to Work list and provides each employee with the opportunity to take on new challenges that support their near and long-term goals in a high-growth, startup environment. We also give back and have comprehensive corporate social responsibility programs supporting community, social justice and environmental causes. In addition to a collaborative, high-performing team environment, we’re pleased to offer benefits including:
- Competitive base salaries. Salary offers will be based on the candidate's qualifications.
- Performance-driven commission opportunities for select roles
- Performance-driven equity awards
- Parental leave programs
- Generous time-off including open PTO, sick days and two paid volunteer days each year
- Insurance benefits including medical coverage (with a plan available at no cost to employees), dental and vision offerings, as well as FSA, wellness, and disability offerings
- 401(k) plan with a match program