Hotel Engine, a startup based in Denver, is a leader in travel tech with a demonstrated track record of growth and impact. Our foundations are strong, and we’ve navigated the COVID-19 crisis by bringing our customer obsession, innovative platform, data-driven problem-solving, and bias for action into every decision. By partnering with tens of thousands of businesses and government agencies and hundreds of thousands of hotels around the world, we have built a resilient and adaptable business model and 2021 will be our best year yet. Working hard behind the scenes are exceptional people–from our large engineering and product teams, to our fast-growing sales, supplier and member experience orgs, to our data, marketing, and operations teams. As individuals and together, we show our DNA every day with our curiosity, will to win, ownership and high standards.
We're excited to add a Senior Product Designer to our rapidly growing team! This add will spearhead & drive our UX projects to create hi-fi solutions to pitch to our Product, Engineering, and Operations Teams. Quality is our #1 focus; we’re eager for someone who can zone in on deploying top tier product. We need a self starter with a natural passion toward software design, product ownership, problem solving & learning something new every day. Hotel Engine is growing fast with exciting near future plans. If you thrive in the high growth environment, this role is for you!
Here's what you'll do:
- Collaborate with our Product Managers & Engineers to gather & assess user requirements
- Effectively communicate conceptual ideas, detailed design, and design rationale both verbally and visually using storyboards, process flows, and sitemaps
- Prototype experiences with assembled wireframes
- Assemble production-ready layouts using either components from our existing library or creating new ones!
- Be a strong advocate for the user experience, articulate your decisions to influence product development at all stages.
- Drive decisions, track issues, and assist in estimating resource needs and schedules.
Here's what we're looking for:
- 5+ years of UX/UI design experience, preferably in the B2B space
- BS in Design, Computer Science, Engineering or a related field
- Self-motivated and autonomous, able to prioritize and manage multiple project deadlines
- Comfortable communicating and speaking about product strategy, design goals, and execution
- Prior experience leading a team & a passion for coaching new members
- Strong experience in design software - Figma preferred
- Ability to design for a multitude of platforms (web, iOS, Android, etc.)
- Excellent oral and written communication skills
- An ownership mentality in finding problems & initiating a path toward solution
- Analytical mind with a business acumen
- Basic knowledge of HTML, CSS, and other frontend technologies
- The base salary range for this role is $110,000-$120,000/year. Final offer amounts are determined by multiple factors, including prior experience, expertise & may vary from the amount above.
Hotel Engine Total Rewards Philosophy | We recognize that there is more to work than the day-to-day responsibilities. Hotel Engine is on Built in Colorado’s 2021 Best Places to Work list and provides each employee with the opportunity to take on new challenges that support their near and long-term goals in a high-growth, startup environment. We also give back and have comprehensive corporate social responsibility programs supporting community, social justice and environmental causes. In addition to a collaborative, high-performing team environment, we’re pleased to offer benefits including:
- Competitive base salaries. Salary offers will be based on the candidate's qualifications.
- Performance-driven commission opportunities for select roles
- Performance-driven equity awards
- Parental leave programs
- Generous time-off including open PTO, sick days and two paid volunteer days each year
- Insurance benefits including medical coverage (with a plan available at no cost to employees), dental and vision offerings, as well as FSA, wellness, and disability offerings
- 401(k) plan with a match program