Hotel Engine, a startup based in Denver, is a leader in travel tech with a demonstrated track record of growth and impact. Our foundations are strong, and we’ve navigated the COVID-19 crisis by bringing our customer obsession, innovative platform, data-driven problem-solving, and bias for action into every decision. By partnering with tens of thousands of businesses and government agencies and hundreds of thousands of hotels around the world, we have built a resilient and adaptable business model and 2021 will be our best year yet. Working hard behind the scenes are exceptional people–from our large engineering and product teams, to our fast-growing sales, supplier and member experience orgs, to our data, marketing, and operations teams. As individuals and together, we show our DNA every day with our curiosity, will to win, ownership and high standards.
Our Member Experience team is growing and looking for customer service gurus to join in on the fun! Our Associates work closely with all clients; from individuals, to hotel suppliers and even our API integration partners to resolve any and all detail changes. We're looking for passionate candidates with a natural empathy, positive tone and a love for the customer experience. If you're ready to kick-start your career in hospitality & customer service, this role is for you!
Here's what you'll do:
- Collaborate with members via phone, email and chat to manage current reservations.
- Confirm with hotels that proper billing procedures are being followed and that our members have a seamless experience with their reservations.
- Resolve difficult issues with our corporate contacts with a positive, professional tone.
- Be meticulous about details. Our team works as a collective unit in order to ensure top notch customer service. This means that we may have multiple teammates address the same issue, and we require details notes on all interactions with our members and partners.
- Communicate solutions internally and externally to resolve issues.
- Submit feedback to the team in the interest of developing more efficient future processes - we want to hear your opinions!
- Process client refunds in a timely manner.
- Work across multiple online portals and can dexterously move between operating systems
- Provide a top tier level of customer service. If you love helping people and have a hospitality mindset, we are a great fit for your launch into the travel technology industry
Here's what we're looking for:
- A positive, energetic personality that translates over phone & email
- Enthusiasm for learning technology to support a IT development team’s needs
- Proactive independent self-starter & work with urgency while maintaining exemplary organizational skills
- Pristine written & verbal communication skills
- A quick learner ready to grasp our systems, processes & procedures
- Ability to problem solve and work on several projects simultaneously while continuing to provide quality work
- Exposure to travel booking software & Salesforce is a plus.
- Experience working in the hospitality industry a plus!
- Please note that this job is an overnight position
- Our overnight shifts are 4x10, 8pm-7am MST. Sunday-Saturday basis. You will be required to work a consecutive Friday & Saturday Night one weekend per month.
- The base pay for this role is $22.00/hour.
Hotel Engine Total Rewards Philosophy | We recognize that there is more to work than the day-to-day responsibilities. Hotel Engine is on Built in Colorado’s 2021 Best Places to Work list and provides each employee with the opportunity to take on new challenges that support their near and long-term goals in a high-growth, startup environment. We also give back and have comprehensive corporate social responsibility programs supporting community, social justice and environmental causes. In addition to a collaborative, high-performing team environment, we’re pleased to offer benefits including:
- Competitive base salaries. Salary offers will be based on the candidate's qualifications.
- Performance-driven commission opportunities for select roles
- Performance-driven equity awards
- Parental leave programs
- Generous time-off including open PTO, sick days and two paid volunteer days each year
- Insurance benefits including medical coverage (with a plan available at no cost to employees), dental and vision offerings, as well as FSA, wellness, and disability offerings
- 401(k) plan with a match program