Hotel Engine, a startup based in Denver, is a leader in travel tech with a demonstrated track record of growth and impact. Our foundations are strong, and we’ve navigated the COVID-19 crisis by bringing our customer obsession, innovative platform, data-driven problem-solving, and bias for action into every decision. By partnering with tens of thousands of businesses and government agencies and hundreds of thousands of hotels around the world, we have built a resilient and adaptable business model and 2021 will be our best year yet. Working hard behind the scenes are exceptional people–from our large engineering and product teams, to our fast-growing sales, supplier and member experience orgs, to our data, marketing, and operations teams. As individuals and together, we show our DNA every day with our curiosity, will to win, ownership and high standards.
As a Business Operations Manager at Hotel Engine, you’ll play an integral role in helping to scale the business by leading strategic initiatives, driving growth, and optimizing processes across all departments. Reporting to our VP of Business Operations, our ideal candidate possesses strong business acumen, stakeholder management capabilities, and analytical and project management skills. S/he also thrives working on projects independently as well as cross-functionally depending upon the need. In addition, this add will help solve some of the company’s toughest strategic problems and support teams across the business. As Hotel Engine scales, we aim for our BizOps Manager to drive meaningful business impact and build strong rapport with colleagues across the company.
- Analyze, develop, and track key company metrics against goals to assess performance of the business while driving growth and operational efficiency
- Spearhead cross-functional strategic initiatives from opportunity identification through execution stages
- Develop expertise of the industry and a clear picture of the evolving competitive and market landscape to communicate trends to key stakeholders
- Identify and assess opportunities for growth and process improvement across the business
- Conduct ad-hoc analyses to support cross-functional projects and strategic needs of the business
- Provide operational support across go-to-market functions (e.g. Sales, Supply, Marketing, etc.)
- Prepare presentations in support of leadership meetings, board meetings, investor decks, and other internal/external corporate communications as necessary
- 5+ years in management consulting, corporate finance, investment banking, or an in-house operational role within tech
- Strong communication and presentation skills, including storyboarding and deck creation in PowerPoint
- Proven ability to lead projects to completion and collaborate seamlessly with others; knowledge of project management and decision-making frameworks is a plus
- Confidence in an ambiguous environment with a high degree of autonomy
- Experience building productive and positive relationships across the organization at all levels (entry level to senior executive)
- Ability to operate in the weeds while keeping sight of the big picture
- Comfort in a dynamic and rapidly evolving / high-growth start up environment
- Exceptional quantitative and qualitative analytical skills
- Master of Microsoft Excel & PowerPoint
- Bachelors Degree in a business-related discipline (economics, finance, etc.) is a plus!
- SQL knowledge is an added plus!
- Compensation: The overall target earnings for this role start at $100,000.00
Hotel Engine Total Rewards Philosophy | We recognize that there is more to work than the day-to-day responsibilities. Hotel Engine is on Built in Colorado’s 2021 Best Places to Work list and provides each employee with the opportunity to take on new challenges that support their near and long-term goals in a high-growth, startup environment. We also give back and have comprehensive corporate social responsibility programs supporting community, social justice and environmental causes. In addition to a collaborative, high-performing team environment, we’re pleased to offer benefits including:
- Competitive base salaries. Salary offers will be based on the candidate's qualifications.
- Performance-driven commission opportunities for select roles
- Performance-driven equity awards
- Parental leave programs
- Generous time-off including open PTO, sick days and two paid volunteer days each year
- Insurance benefits including medical coverage (with a plan available at no cost to employees), dental and vision offerings, as well as FSA, wellness, and disability offerings
- 401(k) plan with a match program