Hotel Engine, a startup based in Denver, is a leader in travel tech with a demonstrated track record of growth and impact. Our foundations are strong, and we’ve navigated the COVID-19 crisis by bringing our customer obsession, innovative platform, data-driven problem-solving, and bias for action into every decision. By partnering with tens of thousands of businesses and government agencies and hundreds of thousands of hotels around the world, we have built a resilient and adaptable business model and 2021 will be our best year yet. Working hard behind the scenes are exceptional people–from our large engineering and product teams, to our fast-growing sales, supplier and member experience orgs, to our data, marketing, and operations teams. As individuals and together, we show our DNA every day with our curiosity, will to win, ownership and high standards.
As a Sales Development Representative at Hotel Engine you will work closely with Account Executives and our marketing team to identify qualified future customers for Hotel Engine. You will hold a pivotal role in the growth and development of our sales pipeline. Through your persistence, determination, and creativity, your success will directly impact Hotel Engine's mission to be the best corporate booking website out there. You will play a pivotal role in furthering the development of Hotel Engine’s sales organization. Not only will you generate opportunities to support the overall growth of the company, but success in this role will help advance your sales career to an Account Executive position.
- Understand and convey Hotel Engine’s mission, value proposition, and product to future customers
- Increase revenue through outbound activities, including cold calling and emailing
- Utilize lead generation tools such as ZoomInfo and Salesforce
- Partner with Account Executives to schedule calls and demonstrations
- Meet specific monthly pipeline metrics to help achieve sales goals while continuously improving sales skills
- Experiment with new and creative prospecting strategies
- Maintain a clean and organized pipeline
- Become an expert on Hotel Engine’s product; staying up to date as our offering evolves
- Eager to learn sales practices and a strong desire to advance their sales career; open to coaching and feedback
- Excited to grow and develop a sales pipeline, a go-getter attitude who wants to develop new and innovative workflows
- Exceptional time management skills with laser focus on the activities that are of highest value
- Transparent, humble, and hungry to collaborate with their team
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills
- Experience in sales, preferably in or the tech space is a plus!
- SaaS/cloud experience, Salesforce experience, experience with sales outreach programs is a plus!
- Prior exposure to a CRM tool is a plus!
- Compensation: the hourly rate for this role is $19.23 / hour and is eligible for commissions
- The start date for this role is Wednesday, June 2nd
Hotel Engine Total Rewards Philosophy | We recognize that there is more to work than the day-to-day responsibilities. Hotel Engine is on Built in Colorado’s 2021 Best Places to Work list and provides each employee with the opportunity to take on new challenges that support their near and long-term goals in a high-growth, startup environment. We also give back and have comprehensive corporate social responsibility programs supporting community, social justice and environmental causes. In addition to a collaborative, high-performing team environment, we’re pleased to offer benefits including:
- Competitive base salaries. Salary offers will be based on the candidate's qualifications.
- Performance-driven commission opportunities for select roles
- Performance-driven equity awards
- Parental leave programs
- Generous time-off including open PTO, sick days and two paid volunteer days each year
- Insurance benefits including medical coverage (with a plan available at no cost to employees), dental and vision offerings, as well as FSA, wellness, and disability offerings
- 401(k) plan with a match program