Hotel Engine, a startup based in Denver, is a leader in travel tech with a demonstrated track record of growth and impact. Our foundations are strong, and we’ve navigated the COVID-19 crisis by bringing our customer obsession, innovative platform, data-driven problem-solving, and bias for action into every decision. By partnering with tens of thousands of businesses and government agencies and hundreds of thousands of hotels around the world, we have built a resilient and adaptable business model and 2021 will be our best year yet. Working hard behind the scenes are exceptional people–from our large engineering and product teams, to our fast-growing sales, supplier and member experience orgs, to our data, marketing, and operations teams. As individuals and together, we show our DNA every day with our curiosity, will to win, ownership and high standards.
Hotel Engine seeks a Senior Node Software Engineer with strong abstract problem-solving abilities to join our team. Our team is focused on shipping quality product.
How We Work:
- We ship code daily to our CI, staging, and production environments. Build, deploy, and monitoring alerts are posted to Slack
- We do work in an agile environment with daily stand-ups and biweekly grooming, planning, and retrospectives
- We are good teammates who follow our working agreement. We’re looking for hard workers who don’t let their ego get in the way
- 2+ years production experience with Node
- A passion for writing clean, maintainable code
- Base compensation range: $120,000 - $150,000
- Experience with high volume, scalable architecture
- Experience with Typescript
- Production experience Amazon Web Services (Lambda)
Hotel Engine Total Rewards Philosophy | We recognize that there is more to work than the day-to-day responsibilities. Hotel Engine is on Built in Colorado’s 2021 Best Places to Work list and provides each employee with the opportunity to take on new challenges that support their near and long-term goals in a high-growth, startup environment. We also give back and have comprehensive corporate social responsibility programs supporting community, social justice and environmental causes. In addition to a collaborative, high-performing team environment, we’re pleased to offer benefits including:
- Competitive base salaries. Salary offers will be based on the candidate's qualifications.
- Performance-driven commission opportunities for select roles
- Performance-driven equity awards
- Parental leave programs
- Generous time-off including open PTO, sick days and two paid volunteer days each year
- Insurance benefits including medical coverage (with a plan available at no cost to employees), dental and vision offerings, as well as FSA, wellness, pet and disability offerings
- A 401(k) plan with a match program launching in Q1 2021