Reporting to the Supplemental & Group Division leader, the Worksite Operations Leader is responsible for oversight of the centralized operational functions for our ancillary, group, supplemental product lines ensuring the delivery of distinctive service to agents, customers, and internal partners while supporting an aggressive growth plan for the division while retaining existing customers.
This role will partner with Worksite Sales and Product leaders, as well as various key stakeholders to ensure alignment, coordination, and smooth execution of service delivery. In addition, this role will drive thought-leadership in continued integration and efficient modernization of systems and processes as well as forecasting and staffing to meet the needs of the business.
Areas of Oversight within the Division Include:
- Employer Services
- Responsible for client/employer implementation
- Worksite employer account management
- FSA vendor management and administration
- Shared Services
- Platform and Infrastructure
- Program management
- Education and communication for enrollment support
- Insurance Operations
- New business policy owner services
- Customer service and billing
- Operations support, and quality assurance
Regular Responsibilities Include:
- Ensuring all worksite operations are coordinated and aligned with the division goals and objectives, organizing, and overseeing processes to balance costs with operating profit
- Supporting strategic priorities by identifying, analyzing, and addressing complex business issues, developing actionable plans and executing on the delivery of those plans
- Coordinating resources to ensure ability to pivot with seasonal and market demands
- Formulating operational strategy and design processes and policies that align with the delivery model
- Coordinating customer service operations and identify methods to ensure customer retention
- Collaborating with implementation teams of technology solutions ensuring consistent operational delivery
- Managing contracts and relations with customers, vendors, partners and other stakeholders
- Overseeing expenses and budgeting to help the organization optimize costs and benefits
- Driving data analysis and reporting on operational performance and suggest improvements corresponding with Distinctive Service goals
Preferred Qualifications and Requirements
- Bachelor’s degree or master’s degree in business or finance related field
- 10-15 years relevant experience within group/supplemental operations environment within a large or public organization
- Experience must include demonstrated ability to provide strategic leadership of multiple teams with strong emphasis on delivery and customer experience
- Ability to develop presentations and report SLAs metrics with effective messaging
- Executive-level presentation skills
- Hybrid office presence preferred. However, fully remote candidates may be considered dependent on experience.
- Periodic travel to office locations will be required
Work location is flexible if approved by the Company except that the position may not be performed remotely from NYC.
Horace Mann was founded in 1945 by two Springfield, Illinois, teachers who saw a need for quality, affordable auto insurance for teachers. Since then, we’ve broadened our mission to helping all educators protect what they have today and prepare for a successful tomorrow. And with our broadened mission has come corporate growth: We serve more than 4,100 school districts nationwide, we’re publicly traded on the New York Stock Exchange (symbol: HMN) and we have more than $12 billion in assets.
We’re motivated by the fact that educators take care of our children’s future, and we believe they deserve someone to look after theirs. We help educators identify their financial goals and develop plans to achieve them. This includes insurance to protect what they have today and financial products to help them prepare for their future. Our tailored offerings include special rates and benefits for educators.
EOE/Minorities/Females/Veterans/Disabled. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, disability or protected veteran status
For applicants that are California residents, please review our California Consumer Privacy Notice