The Sr Financial Planning and Analysis Consultant will support the VP, Finance & Division Financial Officer with the financial modeling and business analysis for strategic projects/initiatives such as new market opportunities, distribution channels, business development, and other capital investment considerations for driving growth and increased ROE. You will be a financial business partner to Product Line & Functional leadership including Sr Leadership with a key role in the financial planning process within a matrix leadership framework. You will also
develop models, tools, reports, and dashboards in support of sophisticated forecasting capabilities as well as the development and monitoring of KPIs and operating metrics.
• Lead cross-functional teams within a matrix environment in support of financial planning, forecasting, reporting, and project economic evaluation
• Effective communicator to various audiences by presenting a clear interpretation of complex financial analysis appropriate for both the audience and financial impact to the organization
• Drive continuous improvement in reporting, modeling, data management and processes that ensure both the accuracy and efficiency of providing actionable information to key stakeholders
• Research and remain current on the industry, financial markets, and economic environment and how these factors may impact financial / strategic objectives
• Working knowledge of financial valuation concepts and modeling in support of Business Development and Capital Investment
• Possess a high level of technical skill in corporate finance, financial modeling, and data management
• Specialized knowledge of the insurance industry including financial fundamentals, distribution, products, economics, and financial reporting
- Requires a Bachelor’s degree and 5-10 years of insurance industry experience in a finance, product management or actuarial role
- An advanced degree and/or professional education such as a CFA, FPAC, or FMVA preferred
Work location is flexible if approved by the Company except that the position may not be performed remotely from NYC
Horace Mann was founded in 1945 by two Springfield, Illinois, teachers who saw a need for quality, affordable auto insurance for teachers. Since then, we’ve broadened our mission to helping all educators protect what they have today and prepare for a successful tomorrow. And with our broadened mission has come corporate growth: We serve more than 4,100 school districts nationwide, we’re publicly traded on the New York Stock Exchange (symbol: HMN) and we have more than $12 billion in assets.
We’re motivated by the fact that educators take care of our children’s future, and we believe they deserve someone to look after theirs. We help educators identify their financial goals and develop plans to achieve them. This includes insurance to protect what they have today and financial products to help them prepare for their future. Our tailored offerings include special rates and benefits for educators.
EOE/Minorities/Females/Veterans/Disabled. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, disability or protected veteran status
For applicants that are California residents, please review our California Consumer Privacy Notice