The Cloud Infrastructure Architect (CIA) role is responsible for creating, maintaining and optimizing the use of Cloud infrastructure to support multiple products and business lines. The CIA will gather and analyze requirements, make architectural and design recommendations, document and configure the Cloud environment to deliver the results needed. The CIA will be considered the subject matter expert on the Cloud environments. The CIA will directly work with the Infrastructure and Network engineers in a team oriented environment.
• Determine the Cloud solution that provides the best opportunity for network performance, reliability, cost and quality for the business initiative.
• Garner solid understanding of the business processes at Horace Mann and identify opportunities to perform certain processes more efficiently in the Cloud environment. CIA will produce documentation for leadership that can be consumed to make the appropriate directional decision.
• Determine how the Cloud solutions will be managed. Determine rules for segregation of duties between the Infrastructure, Networking and Security teams. Document expectations and processes for each group.
• Cloud Architect will be responsible for creating virtual networks between Cloud and Horace Mann.
Senior-level role; operates autonomously, broad impact across multiple systems. Seen as a subject matter expert in design and maintenance of Cloud infrastructure and leads Cloud infrastructure related initiatives
- Provides consultation as technical and infrastructure expert on key business systems.
- Responsible for Cloud infrastructure analysis, tuning, and measurement to ensure appropriate performance, reliability, and quality SLAs.
- Collaborates with the user community to design and implement technology solutions across multiple business functions; leads other infrastructure technologists to accomplish large complex implementations.
- Able to plan and lead large size projects including coordination with other necessary groups inside and outside of IT.
- Mentor and coach others.
- Expert in all aspects of the hardware and COTS lifecycle for products supported by the assigned department.
- Expert infrastructure knowledge in applicable hardware, operating systems and/or expert knowledge of configuring systems, appliances or software in support of critical infrastructure to support the business’s mission.
- Expert level knowledge in applicable scripting languages for the key focus area technologies supported
Horace Mann was founded in 1945 by two Springfield, Illinois, teachers who saw a need for quality, affordable auto insurance for teachers. Since then, we’ve broadened our mission to helping all educators protect what they have today and prepare for a successful tomorrow. And with our broadened mission has come corporate growth: We serve more than 4,100 school districts nationwide, we’re publicly traded on the New York Stock Exchange (symbol: HMN) and we have more than $12 billion in assets.
We’re motivated by the fact that educators take care of our children’s future, and we believe they deserve someone to look after theirs. We help educators identify their financial goals and develop plans to achieve them. This includes insurance to protect what they have today and financial products to help them prepare for their future. Our tailored offerings include special rates and benefits for educators.
EOE/Minorities/Females/Veterans/Disabled. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, disability or protected veteran status
For applicants that are California residents, please review our California Consumer Privacy Notice