The Business Application Specialist will be positioned within non-IT/business departments and should become subject matter experts on the systems / applications. There may be additional skill sets and responsibilities that are required for specific systems / applications.
- Works closely with business department managers, and system / application users, to lead the documentation of design/redesign of effective business processes, including efforts that require effective implementation or reimplementation.
- Works closely with business department managers, and business system / application users, to identify and document business solutions and enhancement opportunities.
- Collaborate with IT and/or appropriate vendors to ensure proper integration of business system / application to ensure accuracy of installs and implementations, while troubleshooting any issues that may arise.
- Evaluate and recommend changes to support procedures as part of an ongoing improvement efforts; work directly with IT and appropriate vendors to recommend hardware/software enhancements to increase productivity.
- Performs specialized and advanced tasks to coordinate and manage activities related to the support, deployment, configuration, and usage of business systems / applications to support business goals.
- Maintain current knowledge of relevant, emerging, and appropriate technologies and business processes to support business management in efforts to improve processes, procedures, and systems by designing, developing, and deploying innovative processes.
- Assist with performing business system / application review, evaluation, recommendation, design and implementation.
- Assist in managing business software / application user licenses and roles.
- Assist with the managing databases, tuning queries, setting up jobs, and business system / application installs.
- Design and modify databases and application package installs to meet business needs.
- Responsible for collecting information from business users and system / application reporting and data metrics tools.
- Assist with test plan development to verify logic of new and/or modified business systems / applications.
- Provide technical support and troubleshoot business system / application related issues.
- Assist with the preparation of documentation relating to system, compliance, and architecture.
- Assists with off hour support for business system / application production environments.
- Bachelor's Degree in Computer Science, Information Systems, Business Administration, Mathematics or a directly related field.
- Three (3) years of professional system / application experience specializing in supporting the maintenance, modification, and implementation of system / application software
- 3 years of experience inContact Application Admin preferred
- Experience with Access, Viztalk, Onbase preferred
- Scripting in Studio
- Skilling experience preferred
- Telephony experience preferred
- Strong analytical skills, communication skills, and problem-solving skills.
Work location is flexible if approved by the Company except that the position may not be performed remotely from NYC
Horace Mann was founded in 1945 by two Springfield, Illinois, teachers who saw a need for quality, affordable auto insurance for teachers. Since then, we’ve broadened our mission to helping all educators protect what they have today and prepare for a successful tomorrow. And with our broadened mission has come corporate growth: We serve more than 4,100 school districts nationwide, we’re publicly traded on the New York Stock Exchange (symbol: HMN) and we have more than $12 billion in assets.
We’re motivated by the fact that educators take care of our children’s future, and we believe they deserve someone to look after theirs. We help educators identify their financial goals and develop plans to achieve them. This includes insurance to protect what they have today and financial products to help them prepare for their future. Our tailored offerings include special rates and benefits for educators.
EOE/Minorities/Females/Veterans/Disabled. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, disability or protected veteran status
For applicants that are California residents, please review our California Consumer Privacy Notice