In this position, you will be a member of a team that is focused on data and providing enterprise reporting and data warehousing solutions to the company. You will primarily focus on the design, development, testing, deployment, and support of enterprise reporting for our business partners but will also have the opportunity to get involved in other areas. You will also play a key role in the rationalization and standardization of reporting platforms and leading the company forward onto these platforms. Your main tools will consist primarily of QlikSense and Microsoft technologies such as SQL Server, SQL Server Reporting Services and Team Foundation Server. You may also work with other data tools and technologies.
- Develop and maintain high-quality reports that meet the needs of the various departments within Horace Mann.
- Support and comply with documented standards and procedures, spanning all phases of software development life cycle.
- Collaborate with other team members (across multiple geographical locations) on solutions and conduct research and evaluation of data-related technologies and products.
- Bachelor's degree in Computer Science, Systems Engineering or a related field
- At least (2) years of experience with the following technologies
- Microsoft SQL Server
- Working with various data formats such as CSV, XML, etc.
- Proven track record of working with business users and translating requirements into high-quality solutions
- Strong troubleshooting skills and experience with performance tuning SQL queries
- The following are tools/technologies used by Horace Mann that would make you a stronger candidate:
- SQL Server Reporting Services
- Crystal Reports
- Data analytics tools such as Power BI
- Extract, Transform and Load (ETL) tools such as Informatica
- Scripting languages such as Python or PowerShell
- Alteryx (or other advanced data tools)
- AWS and/or Azure technologies
Horace Mann was founded in 1945 by two Springfield, Illinois, teachers who saw a need for quality, affordable auto insurance for teachers. Since then, we’ve broadened our mission to helping all educators protect what they have today and prepare for a successful tomorrow. And with our broadened mission has come corporate growth: We serve more than 4,100 school districts nationwide, we’re publicly traded on the New York Stock Exchange (symbol: HMN) and we have more than $12 billion in assets.
We’re motivated by the fact that educators take care of our children’s future, and we believe they deserve someone to look after theirs. We help educators identify their financial goals and develop plans to achieve them. This includes insurance to protect what they have today and financial products to help them prepare for their future. Our tailored offerings include special rates and benefits for educators.
EOE/Minorities/Females/Veterans/Disabled. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, disability or protected veteran status
For applicants that are California residents, please review our California Consumer Privacy Notice