About the Role
Our Hub office is located in Pittsburgh.
As a Regional Financial Representative (RFR) with Horace Mann, you will build something that matters to you with the backing of the largest multi-line insurance and financial services company that is dedicated to Educators. This is a salaried position that also includes a base compensation; competitive commissions; and an extensive employee benefit package (medical, dental, vision, 401K; etc.)
The RFR is responsible for executing and growing Horace Mann's Life, Retirement and Wealth Management business. This partnership approach includes the fluid exchange of referrals.
While the sales focus of the RFR will be on Horace Mann proprietary life insurance and 403(b)/Retirement product solutions, as an Investment Advisor Representative with HMII, a Horace Mann Company, the RFR will have access to an expansive list of retirement and wealth management solutions/platforms. Life Insurance will be a large focus with the current client book of business.
- Life License
- FINRA Series 6, 63 & and the ability to obtain a 65 Securities licenses (Series 7 & 66 preferred)
- At least 2 years related experience in the financial advisor/client facing role
- Currently in growth mode, seeking to grow and expand client base
- Exceptional client relationship management skills
- Excellent verbal communication skills
- Ability to work independently and as a team member, balance multiple responsibilities simultaneously, and demonstrate exceptional time-management skills
- Life/Health license preferred
- Currently active in the 403(b) market or willing to move into the market
- Life insurance as a focused part of the book of business
Horace Mann was founded in 1945 by two Springfield, Illinois, teachers who saw a need for quality, affordable auto insurance for teachers. Since then, we’ve broadened our mission to helping all educators protect what they have today and prepare for a successful tomorrow. And with our broadened mission has come corporate growth: We serve more than 4,100 school districts nationwide, we’re publicly traded on the New York Stock Exchange (symbol: HMN) and we have more than $12 billion in assets.
We’re motivated by the fact that educators take care of our children’s future, and we believe they deserve someone to look after theirs. We help educators identify their financial goals and develop plans to achieve them. This includes insurance to protect what they have today and financial products to help them prepare for their future. Our tailored offerings include special rates and benefits for educators.
EOE/Minorities/Females/Veterans/Disabled. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, disability or protected veteran status
For applicants that are California residents, please review our California Consumer Privacy Notice