The focus of the Regional Sales Director is to maximize the distribution of Supplemental Group Benefits through relationships with employee benefits brokers, agencies, and consultants. The role will be responsible for achieving annual new business sales objectives by developing a deep understanding of these organization’s growth strategies. A territorial business plan will be required for each key organization that clearly differentiates Madison National Life based on this deep understanding.
- Manage new and existing relationships with assigned territory
- Develop a deep understanding of each Broker/Agency’s employee benefits strategies
- Be viewed as the go-to, trusted carrier advisor in the Public Sector market within your assigned territory
- Manage internal dependencies with underwriting, product, service, technology, legal, finance, compensation, reporting, and marketing
- Responsible for developing business plans to be executed within your assigned territory
- Represent Madison National Life at key industry and firm specific events and conferences
- Achieve annual new business sales objectives by successfully leveraging existing relationships, developing new relationships to increase visibility in the assigned territory.
- Communicate to brokers through personal visits and e-mail updates on new products, underwriting and other topics of importance.
- Identify new service offerings and work closely with key people within the organization in an effort to expand services and profitability within your assigned territory.
- Provide monthly reports of pipeline, forecasts and market analysis.
- Identify and procure new customer sales opportunities in partnership with brokers in territory
- Effectively understand and collaborate with all Field and Home Office resources in the acquisition and retention of business.
- 3-5 years experience in the Worksite/Group Insurance/Supplemental/Ancillary Market
Horace Mann was founded in 1945 by two Springfield, Illinois, teachers who saw a need for quality, affordable auto insurance for teachers. Since then, we’ve broadened our mission to helping all educators protect what they have today and prepare for a successful tomorrow. And with our broadened mission has come corporate growth: We serve more than 4,100 school districts nationwide, we’re publicly traded on the New York Stock Exchange (symbol: HMN) and we have more than $12 billion in assets.
We’re motivated by the fact that educators take care of our children’s future, and we believe they deserve someone to look after theirs. We help educators identify their financial goals and develop plans to achieve them. This includes insurance to protect what they have today and financial products to help them prepare for their future. Our tailored offerings include special rates and benefits for educators.
EOE/Minorities/Females/Veterans/Disabled. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, disability or protected veteran status
For applicants that are California residents, please review our California Consumer Privacy Notice