This position supports the Governance functions of ensuring alignment of IT with the Horace Mann Enterprise strategy through appropriate management of IT related risks, maximizing resources, and realization of promised benefits through monitoring, measuring, and analyzing IT performance. This position exists to guide and assess quality of internal control processes, define key performance indices, establish processes for performance management data collection, provide independent reporting to all stakeholders, ensure transparency of IT's performance, and develop related policies and procedures. Of strategic importance to Horace Mann, Governance supports regulatory requirements, cost optimization, and active management of the return on IT investments.
- Work with stakeholders to elicit and produce comprehensive internal control processes and metric reports.
- Analyze industry standards and measures.[ITIL, COBIT, etc.]
- Monitor and ensure compliance to internal control policies and procedures.
- Analyze and audit processes and related tasks
- Support research into root causes of complex technical incidents, document findings; work with IT management to develop remediation options, and present findings to IT Senior Leadership Team.
- Document and maintain the library of Policies & Procedures
- Support the development of improved IT processes which reduce risk.
- Work closely with auditors and technical subject matter experts to satisfy any internal or external audit requirements
- Produce independent reporting of key metrics from disparate data sources, including a combination of system based data and manually tracked information [i.e. Audit, Critical Root Cause Analysis, Fraud Assessment, Key Processes, Risk Register, Scorecard, Service Level Performance Analysis, etc. ]
- Bachelor's degree in Computer Science, Information Systems, Finance/Accountancy with MIS concentration, or related fields
- At least 5 years of IT work experience with progressive responsibilities, in multiple IT areas
- At least 5 years of a combination of quality assurance, project management, and auditing experience [IT or general business] or a combination of comparable fields of experience
- Project Management Professional [PMP], Information Technology Infrastructure Library [ITIL] and/or internal audit certifications a plus.
- Control Objectives for Information and Related Technology [COBIT] experience a plus
- Insurance industry experience a plus.
- Must have a commitment to continuing education.
Horace Mann was founded in 1945 by two Springfield, Illinois, teachers who saw a need for quality, affordable auto insurance for teachers. Since then, we’ve broadened our mission to helping all educators protect what they have today and prepare for a successful tomorrow. And with our broadened mission has come corporate growth: We serve more than 4,100 school districts nationwide, we’re publicly traded on the New York Stock Exchange (symbol: HMN) and we have more than $12 billion in assets.
We’re motivated by the fact that educators take care of our children’s future, and we believe they deserve someone to look after theirs. We help educators identify their financial goals and develop plans to achieve them. This includes insurance to protect what they have today and financial products to help them prepare for their future. Our tailored offerings include special rates and benefits for educators.
EOE/Minorities/Females/Veterans/Disabled. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, disability or protected veteran status
For applicants that are California residents, please review our California Consumer Privacy Notice