Hopper is the smart way to book travel on your phone. Combining massive amounts of data and advanced machine learning algorithms, Hopper predicts and analyzes airfare and accommodation to save users money and enable them to travel more often.
Since its launch in 2015, Hopper has become one of the fastest growing travel apps ever with over 25 million installs to date. It is now the most downloaded flights booking app in North America and travelers have booked hundreds of millions of dollars in flights and hotels around the world using Hopper.
The app has received accolades such as Fast Company’s Most Innovative Company in Travel 2018, the Google Play Award for Standout Startup of 2016, and Apple’s App Store Best of 2015.
Hopper was built on the premise that the combination of big data and machine learning could empower travelers to make booking decisions in a completely unprecedented way. At Hopper, every dataset tells a story. Do you have what it takes to decipher the clues? bit.ly/2q6U8dq
We’re looking for a data-savvy individual to join our Data Science team as a Data Analyst, to create consumer-focused research content and support user-centric product development and growth based on our real-time feed of billions of flight search results along with an archive of several trillion data points.
You may be a great fit for our team if you are excited about exploring huge (and sometimes messy) data sets and finding effective ways to simplify and communicate the results to a non-technical audience.
In this role you will
- Lead analytical projects to support our Product and Growth teams. Deliver quantitative results, business understanding and strategic insights to help us make better data-driven decisions.
- Support our PR team by transforming complex analyses into short, compelling, and easy to understand studies to share with journalists aimed at a consumer audience.
- Design and implement ad hoc and automated analysis scripts, develop and deliver summary tables, charts and interactive tools to present your results.
- Work with key stakeholders across Hopper in a fast-paced, collaborative environment.
A qualified candidate has
- A degree in Math, Statistics, Computer Science, Engineering or other quantitative discipline
- Strong analytical and creative problem-solving skills
- Proven ability to communicate complex technical work to a non-technical audience
- Enthusiasm and curiosity for conducting research and answering hard questions with data
- Exposure to scripting with Pandas, R, SAS or other data preparation and analysis tools
- Experience with relational databases and SQL would be an asset
Sound like a fit? We can't wait to hear from you.
- Well-funded and proven startup with larger ambitions, competitive salary and stock options
- Dynamic and entrepreneurial team where pushing limits is everyday business
- Access to comprehensive medical, dental, vision, disability and life insurance, all on us
- In Cambridge, work in a historic factory building near Kendall Square; in Montreal, work in an artist’s loft in the Mile End
- Easy commute with a paid-for public transportation or paid parking
- IATA Travel Agent Card for discounts in the travel industry
- Fully stocked kitchen with: coffee/tea, beer, bagels and healthy snacks
- Team lunches, off-site activities and much more!