At Hopin, we’re reimagining events. Our mission is simple: we exist to make the world feel closer.
Founded in 2019, Hopin brings brands and communities together around highly interactive and engaging experiences. We believe that people should have access to the conversations, moments and ideas they care most about, no matter where they are. Through our highly scalable platform, participants are able to learn, engage, and connect from anywhere in the world.
Hopin started as a virtual events solution but we have since meaningfully expanded our offering from virtual events to hybrid and in-person events, as well as video and workplace collaboration products. This growth has been fueled by a series of strategic acquisitions, including: Boomset - an all-in-one event management platform; Attendify - advancing Event Marketing products; StreamYard - unveiling a video production Studio; video hosting service Streamable and video technology company Jamm.
Listed as one of the 2021 Fast Company Best Workplaces for Innovators, Hopin has scaled to 800+ employees working remotely across 47 countries. Valued at $7.75B, Hopin raised a $450M Series D round of financing and is backed by top tier investors, including Arena Holdings, Altimeter Capital, Adam Street Partners, Untitled Investments, XN Capital, Andreessen Horowitz, DFJ Growth, General Catalyst, GIC, IVP, Northzone, Salesforce Ventures, Slack, Temasek and Tiger Global.
The Identity team's main goal is to create a shared authentication and authorisation system that will serve all the products in the Hopin suite. We embrace a customer-first mindset for creating tools, services, and sharing knowledge, in the domains of authentication and authorisation.
In this team, you get to operate at the center of the action, work with a super talented diverse group of people and use the latest technologies to resolve platform-wide problems in the pursuit of a high-quality authentication/authorisation service that is secure, reliable and scalable.
In this role, you will be developing systems and libraries that are used across the platform, and you will have a big impact on the future development of these solutions.
- Design, develop, and deliver new features in our Identity (authentication/authorisation) and related services
- Assist in requirements identification and in producing specifications
- Create and maintain a development environment for efficient testing and integration
- Support the creation and maintenance of technical documentation
- Participate in team knowledge management and make recommendations for continuous improvement of SDLC
- Mentor teammates
- To succeed in this role, you should have solid experience in developing authentication and authorization solutions in large-scale, distributed, and high-throughput environments. You should have an understanding of security concerns in web applications.
- Concepts such as SSO, HTTP Session Management, RBAC, and ReBAC are not strangers to you. You know about their modern applications, such as OpenID Connect, OAuth 2, JOSE.
- You’ll be a great asset to the team if you are proficient in Ruby . Experience with AWS Cognito is welcome.
- You know what it takes to develop top-quality software and achieve ambitious goals together. We expect you to be a good communicator, willing to collaborate with people in your team, be a product-oriented and proactive problem solver willing to bring up issues in a constructive manner to the team and the Product team.
- You’re a self-starter, able to deliver projects on time and with high quality
- Strong understanding of different software development practices, infrastructure, and how each can help ship more value to customers
- You understand when it’s worth refactoring versus when it’s good enough to ship now.
- Ability to meet both technical and customer needs
- Working within a service-oriented architecture and Docker
- Fully remote, global team
- Flexible schedules
- Laptop assigned, Mac or Dell (Windows)
- Health Insurance Support
- Parental Leave
- $1000 USD for Home-Office Set up
- $100 USD monthly remote work stipend
- $1500 USD for Learning & Development
Where and How We Hire
Being a remote company enables us to hire the best talent around the world. We can engage with you in any of our jurisdictions listed below, all you need to do is demonstrate the legal right to work and be physically present in that country. Some roles may have specific workforce location requirements which will be noted on the job description.
- Entity: Canada, Germany, UK, USA
- Employer of Record: Ireland, Spain, Portugal, Australia
- Full Time Contractor (Self Employed): Argentina, Belgium, Bulgaria, Costa Rica, Denmark, Estonia, Honduras, Hungary, Jamaica, Kenya, Lithuania, Nigeria, Poland, Romania, Sweden, Switzerland, Turkey, U.A.E., Uruguay
At Hopin, we're committed to cultivating an environment that promotes equality, diversity, and inclusion. We are a global community and we believe our unique qualities must be celebrated as they are critical to our innovation. It's essential to us that you bring your authentic self to work every single day, no matter your age, ethnicity, religion, citizenship, gender identity, sexual orientation, disability status, neurodiversity, or otherwise. Inclusion isn't just an initiative at Hopin. We strive to embed it not just into our core values but throughout our entire ecosystem.