At Hopin, we’re reimagining events. Our mission is simple: we exist to make the world feel closer.
Founded in 2019, Hopin brings brands and communities together around highly interactive and engaging experiences. We believe that people should have access to the conversations, moments and ideas they care most about, no matter where they are. Through our highly scalable platform, participants are able to learn, engage, and connect from anywhere in the world.
Hopin started as a virtual events solution but we have since meaningfully expanded our offering from virtual events to hybrid and in-person events, as well as video and workplace collaboration products. This growth has been fueled by a series of strategic acquisitions, including: Boomset - an all-in-one event management platform; Attendify - advancing Event Marketing products; StreamYard - unveiling a video production Studio; video hosting service Streamable and video technology company Jamm.
Listed as one of the 2021 Fast Company Best Workplaces for Innovators, Hopin has scaled to 800+ employees working remotely across 38 countries. Valued at $7.75B, Hopin raised a $450M Series D round of financing and is backed by top tier investors, including Arena Holdings, Altimeter Capital, Adam Street Partners, Untitled Investments, XN Capital, Andreessen Horowitz, DFJ Growth, General Catalyst, GIC, IVP, Northzone, Salesforce Ventures, Slack, Temasek and Tiger Global.
At StreamYard, we believe that streaming high-quality video should be easy.
Our goal is a tool of smooth performance and intuitive features, and our community loves it. Our live streaming studio is used by millions of creators every month, and our team is growing to make sure we never let them down.
To support the growth of our engineering team, we are looking for an Engineering Manager to mentor and lead part of our fully-distributed team of senior engineers.
Our tech stack includes React and Node.js. We are based across Canada, the US, and EMEA.
How You'll Make an Impact
- Build a happy, impactful engineering team. Hold code reviews to support technical growth, and provide clear context on progress and vision to enable strong decision-making
- Contribute to our product strategy through technical design, engineering initiatives, and a dedication to product quality.
- Have an impact on the team roadmap and work with design, product, and other engineering teams to ensure all efforts align.
- Strengthen your team through mentorship and, when needed, contributing to the hiring effort of more outstanding teammates.
Who you are
- You’re a technical leader with a love for coding and building products. You're not afraid of participating in code reviews, and enjoy supporting the technical growth of your team.
- You have leadership experience, ideally with remote or hybrid teams. It’s ok if you only lead small teams (ours is small too!)
- Ideally, you have experience with startup or scale up environments. You know how to translate ambiguity into clear directives for the team.
- Like the team you’ll be supporting, you are located in a time zone between GMT-4 and GMT-6.
- Fully remote, global team
- Flexible schedules
- Laptop assigned, Mac or Dell (Windows)
- Health Insurance Support
- Parental Leave
- $1000 USD for Home-Office Set up
- $100 USD monthly remote work stipend
- $1500 USD for Learning & Development
Where and How We Hire
Being a remote company enables us to hire the best talent around the world. We can engage with you in any of our jurisdictions listed below, all you need to do is demonstrate the legal right to work and be physically present in that country. Some roles may have specific workforce location requirements which will be noted on the job description.
- Entity: Canada, UK, USA
- Employer of Record: Ireland, Spain, Portugal, Australia
- Full Time Contractor (Self Employed): Argentina, Belgium, Bulgaria, Costa Rica, Denmark, Estonia, Honduras, Hungary, Jamaica, Kenya, Lithuania, Nigeria, Poland, Romania, Sweden, Switzerland, Turkey, U.A.E., Uruguay
At Hopin, we're committed to cultivating an environment that promotes equality, diversity, and inclusion. We are a global community and we believe our unique qualities must be celebrated as they are critical to our innovation. It's essential to us that you bring your authentic self to work every single day, no matter your age, ethnicity, religion, citizenship, gender identity, sexual orientation, disability status, neurodiversity, or otherwise. Inclusion isn't just an initiative at Hopin. We strive to embed it not just into our core values but throughout our entire ecosystem.