At Hopin, we’re reimagining events. Our mission is simple: we exist to make the world feel closer.
Founded in 2019, Hopin brings brands and communities together around highly interactive and engaging experiences. We believe that people should have access to the conversations, moments and ideas they care most about, no matter where they are. Through our highly scalable platform, participants are able to learn, engage, and connect from anywhere in the world.
Hopin started as a virtual events solution but we have since meaningfully expanded our offering from virtual events to hybrid and in-person events, as well as video and workplace collaboration products. This growth has been fueled by a series of strategic acquisitions, including: Boomset - an all-in-one event management platform; Attendify - advancing Event Marketing products; StreamYard - unveiling a video production Studio; video hosting service Streamable and video technology company Jamm.
Listed as one of the 2021 Fast Company Best Workplaces for Innovators, Hopin has scaled to 800+ employees working remotely across 47 countries. Valued at $7.75B, Hopin raised a $450M Series D round of financing and is backed by top tier investors, including Arena Holdings, Altimeter Capital, Adam Street Partners, Untitled Investments, XN Capital, Andreessen Horowitz, DFJ Growth, General Catalyst, GIC, IVP, Northzone, Salesforce Ventures, Slack, Temasek and Tiger Global.
Hopin is seeking a Back-end, Front-end or Full-stack Platform Engineer who is self-driven, passionate and ambitious! You will join our new Engineering Productivity team (EP), enabling teams to manage and optimise their own SDLC. Our backends are mostly Ruby on Rails and Python, and our frontends are mostly React and Rails. Our infrastructure is built on Docker, Kubernetes, Terraform, AWS, Kafka and Redis, and we use Gitlab to manage our CI/CD pipelines. Therefore, we're looking for someone with strong experience in building developer tooling, setting up and optimising development pipelines (by the time you join we’ll have Continuous Deployment), and mentoring development teams in best practices and standards around building, testing and releasing software for our tech stacks.
We're excited to be working with someone who is highly motivated, comfortable in a fast-paced start-up environment and is happy to work with a remote team. We're already more than 250 Engineers, and still growing!
- Work with other EP members and Product Development teams designing and delivering tools, mechanisms and best practices to optimise the way they build, test and release their applications.
- Have a strong focus on automation and efficiency.
- Think strategically about how to evolve our SDLC.
- Have a desire and ability to solve open-ended problems in a highly-functional way.
- Collaborate effectively with other team members to find solutions to problems.
- Accountable for all parts of the software development lifecycle.
- Participates in code reviews and actively provides feedback on others’ designs/code.
- Makes tactical vs. strategic trade-offs.
- 5+ years of experience working in a commercial environment doing Full-stack, Front-end or Back-end software development.
- Strong experience in DevOps methodologies.
- Experience with Docker, Kubernetes, AWS. Terraform, Kafka and Redis knowledge is a plus.
- Experience with monoliths and Microservices architecture. Knowledge and experience in how to go from the first to the second is a plus.
- Familiar with SQL databases, either PostgreSQL or MySQL.
- Expert knowledge in best practices for the whole software development cycle (TDD/CI/CD) and agile methodologies.
- Good knowledge of version control.
- Ability to use a wide variety of open source technologies and tools.
- Great written and spoken English.
- Able to work directly with business stakeholders - can articulate business needs and translate them into technology solutions.
- Must be comfortable collaborating with teams, reaching across them, mentoring and sharing knowledge, and focusing on impact.
- Competitive salary
- Fully remote, global team
- Flexible schedules
- Laptop assigned, Mac or Dell (Windows)
- Health Insurance Support
- Parental Leave
- Monthly Wi-Fi stipend
- $800 USD for Home-Office set up
- $1500 USD for Learning & Development
At Hopin, we're committed to cultivating an environment that promotes equality, diversity, and inclusion. We are a global community and we believe our unique qualities must be celebrated as they are critical to our innovation. It's essential to us that you bring your authentic self to work every single day, no matter your age, ethnicity, religion, citizenship, gender identity, sexual orientation, disability status, neurodiversity, or otherwise. Inclusion isn't just an initiative at Hopin. We strive to embed it not just into our core values but throughout our entire ecosystem.