At Hopin, we’re reimagining events. Our mission is simple: we exist to make the world feel closer.
Founded in 2019, Hopin brings brands and communities together around highly interactive and engaging experiences. We believe that people should have access to the conversations, moments and ideas they care most about, no matter where they are. Through our highly scalable platform, participants are able to learn, engage, and connect from anywhere in the world.
Hopin started as a virtual events solution but we have since meaningfully expanded our offering from virtual events to hybrid and in-person events, as well as video and workplace collaboration products. This growth has been fueled by a series of strategic acquisitions, including: Boomset - an all-in-one event management platform; Attendify - advancing Event Marketing products; StreamYard - unveiling a video production Studio; video hosting service Streamable and video technology company Jamm.
Listed as one of the 2021 Fast Company Best Workplaces for Innovators, Hopin has scaled to 800+ employees working remotely across 47 countries. Valued at $7.75B, Hopin raised a $450M Series D round of financing and is backed by top tier investors, including Arena Holdings, Altimeter Capital, Adam Street Partners, Untitled Investments, XN Capital, Andreessen Horowitz, DFJ Growth, General Catalyst, GIC, IVP, Northzone, Salesforce Ventures, Slack, Temasek and Tiger Global.
Hopin is seeking a Staff Product Manager to join our Product team. This person will focus on improving existing Hopin event management products and building the next generation Hopin suite of products. You will rely on your product management abilities, business acumen, and technical know-how to bring Hopin’s suite of products vision to the hands of existing and new customers.
You will define the goals, strategy, and execution tactics on how you will deliver value to existing Hopin customers as well as acquire and retain new customers with new and different use cases. This role requires close partnership with senior stakeholders, user research, product marketing, sales, customer success, and the wider product and engineering teams to ensure we are building successful and impactful products.
A successful candidate will have strong experience and background in dealing with complex product collaboration and delivery that involve competing priorities, industry competition and customer understanding, navigating ambiguity, and validating hypotheses.
This is a fast-paced, intellectually challenging position and we're excited to be working with someone who is highly motivated, comfortable in a fast-paced start-up and rapidly growing environment, and is happy to work with a remote team.
Experience comes in many forms and passion goes a long way. If your background is close to what we are looking for, please consider applying even if you can’t check every box.
- You are able to drive multiple projects in a highly cross-functional environment, engaging stakeholders at all levels including chief officers
- Participate in managing and developing our multiproduct strategy, working to bring Hopin’s suite of products closer together
- Partner with product teams across a number of platforms to translate business requirements into technical language for development
- Actively collect and analyse competitive intelligence, marketing research, and market trends to build competitive and sound plans
- Communicate with internal stakeholders to ensure understanding of offerings in areas of engineering, sales, marketing, analytics, and product delivery
- Extended experience in product management and proven track record in ideation through release of multiple successful products
- Experience working with customers, with ability to deeply understand customer needs and competitive landscape, to achieve the best outcomes for the customer
- Able to methodically validate problems and solutions and mitigating risks
- Comfortable with engaging and influencing stakeholders at multiple levels across the business
- Strategic problem solver that continually works to improve user experience
- Comfortable contributing to engineering discussions around technology decisions and strategy related to a product
- Ability to establish and manage projects and initiatives against a set of key metrics and goals
- Demonstrates tenacity, commitment to deliver, and accountability for results
- Ability to lead and influence across different organizations and align diverse teams to a common goal
- Demonstrated ability for being detail-oriented, self-motivated and driving follow-through
What We’re Looking For
- 10+ years of product management experience
- Experience overseeing roadmap strategy and definition
- Experience with end to end product delivery
- Analytical and able to create sound business arguments backed up by data
- Strong verbal and written communication abilities: must effectively communicate with technical and non-technical people
- A university degree or significant experience in a technical field
- Fluent in English (written and verbal)
- Excellent communication skills and an ability to work closely with creative and business stakeholders
- Competitive salary
- Fully remote, global team
- Flexible schedules
- Laptop assigned, Mac or Dell (Windows)
- Health Insurance Support
- Parental Leave
- Monthly Wi-Fi stipend
- $800 USD for Home-Office set up
- $1500 USD for Learning & Development
At Hopin, we're committed to cultivating an environment that promotes equality, diversity, and inclusion. We are a global community and we believe our unique qualities must be celebrated as they are critical to our innovation. It's essential to us that you bring your authentic self to work every single day, no matter your age, ethnicity, religion, citizenship, gender identity, sexual orientation, disability status, neurodiversity, or otherwise. Inclusion isn't just an initiative at Hopin. We strive to embed it not just into our core values but throughout our entire ecosystem.