At Hopin, we’re reimagining events. Our mission is simple: we exist to make the world feel closer.
Founded in 2019, Hopin brings brands and communities together around highly interactive and engaging experiences. We believe that people should have access to the conversations, moments and ideas they care most about, no matter where they are. Through our highly scalable platform, participants are able to learn, engage, and connect from anywhere in the world.
Hopin started as a virtual events solution but we have since meaningfully expanded our offering from virtual events to hybrid and in-person events, as well as video and workplace collaboration products. This growth has been fueled by a series of strategic acquisitions, including: Boomset - an all-in-one event management platform; Attendify - advancing Event Marketing products; StreamYard - unveiling a video production Studio; video hosting service Streamable and video technology company Jamm.
Listed as one of the 2021 Fast Company Best Workplaces for Innovators, Hopin has scaled to 800+ employees working remotely across 47 countries. Valued at $7.75B, Hopin raised a $450M Series D round of financing and is backed by top tier investors, including Arena Holdings, Altimeter Capital, Adam Street Partners, Untitled Investments, XN Capital, Andreessen Horowitz, DFJ Growth, General Catalyst, GIC, IVP, Northzone, Salesforce Ventures, Slack, Temasek and Tiger Global.
In January 2021, Hopin announced its acquisition of StreamYard, the leading live streaming studio which allows content creators to create professional-quality video streaming experiences. In addition to eventually integrating its features into the Hopin platform, StreamYard will continue to also offer its live streaming studio tools to independent content creators.
Millions of users participate in StreamYard powered broadcasts every month. If you want to design products that have a high impact on real people daily, join us on this adventure!!!
We love StreamYard and its community. We work tirelessly to improve our tool and create the best experience possible. Our users tell us that StreamYard makes streaming fun – you can quickly create engaging content with guests, show on screen comments/lower thirds, and brand your broadcasts with themes, overlays, and backgrounds. You don’t need to know anything about technology or streaming to get started. And even though StreamYard is simple, techy folks love how powerful it is under the hood, and how effective it is for streaming group discussions.
StreamYard is seeking a Senior Product Designer who is self-driven, compassionate, and ambitious - who can help push the boundaries of what's possible. As a Senior Product Designer, you'll help define and progress the product experience, taking a user-centric, research-based approach to problem solving, and actively partner with our design, engineering, and marketing teams.
- Design simple, data-driven, and user-centric experiences that delight users.
- Define user interactions and experience through user flows, information architecture and mockups.
- Conduct research and discover user needs (through that research, data or insights from the support team), independently or in collaboration with the product team.
- Contribute to our ever-evolving design system.
- Look for opportunities to solve problems in unique and innovative ways.
- Build functional prototypes to validate and test your designs, and to spark team conversations.
- Help maintain visual and brand consistency across all products and properties.
- Collaborate with engineers and stakeholders to ensure business goals translate into effective outcomes and unique product experiences.
- Iterate on feedback from the team and your users to improve the quality of the product experience.
- A portfolio of work demonstrating 3+ years of experience in product design that also reflects your ability to think deeply about design/problems.
- An effective storyteller with experience working in cross-functional environments to develop concepts that delight customers and deliver business results.
- Clearly convey design ideas via sketches, storyboards, high-fidelity mockups, prototypes, or animations.
- Possess not just exceptional product design skills, but also the ability to implement strategic and conceptual thinking.
- Demonstrate an excellent understanding of hierarchy, typography, and visual balance.
- Proficient with current industry standard design and collaboration tools, particularly Figma.
- Familiarity with fundamental frontend development (HTML, CSS, and JS. React would be a plus).
- Possess effective information presentation (visual and written) skills.
- Vocal about design values and processes, and willing to challenge the status quo.
- Confident in your work, but flexible about making changes and hearing others thoughts.
- Proactive in seeking feedback and explaining designs to engineers, designers, and stakeholders.
- You’re willing to build StreamYard design culture with us.
- Competitive salary
- Fully remote, global team
- Flexible schedules
- Laptop assigned, Mac or Dell (Windows)
- Health Insurance Support
- Parental Leave
- Monthly Wi-Fi stipend
- $800 USD for Home-Office set up
- $1500 USD for Learning & Development
At Hopin, we're committed to cultivating an environment that promotes equality, diversity, and inclusion. We are a global community and we believe our unique qualities must be celebrated as they are critical to our innovation. It's essential to us that you bring your authentic self to work every single day, no matter your age, ethnicity, religion, citizenship, gender identity, sexual orientation, disability status, neurodiversity, or otherwise. Inclusion isn't just an initiative at Hopin. We strive to embed it not just into our core values but throughout our entire ecosystem.