At Hopin, we’re reimagining events. Our mission is simple: we exist to make the world feel closer.
Founded in 2019, Hopin brings brands and communities together around highly interactive and engaging experiences. We believe that people should have access to the conversations, moments and ideas they care most about, no matter where they are. Through our highly scalable platform, participants are able to learn, engage, and connect from anywhere in the world.
Hopin started as a virtual events solution but we have since meaningfully expanded our offering from virtual events to hybrid and in-person events, as well as video and workplace collaboration products. This growth has been fueled by a series of strategic acquisitions, including: Boomset - an all-in-one event management platform; Attendify - advancing Event Marketing products; StreamYard - unveiling a video production Studio; video hosting service Streamable and video technology company Jamm.
Listed as one of the 2021 Fast Company Best Workplaces for Innovators, Hopin has scaled to 800+ employees working remotely across 47 countries. Valued at $7.75B, Hopin raised a $450M Series D round of financing and is backed by top tier investors, including Arena Holdings, Altimeter Capital, Adam Street Partners, Untitled Investments, XN Capital, Andreessen Horowitz, DFJ Growth, General Catalyst, GIC, IVP, Northzone, Salesforce Ventures, Slack, Temasek and Tiger Global.
StreamYard is seeking a new member to join our Customer Support team as a Customer Support Manager. This new member is someone who is self-driven, detail oriented and ambitious! We're looking for someone with strong experience in this field, able to make decisions on the go, supportive, innovative and a team player.
We're excited to work with someone who is comfortable in a fast-paced start-up environment and is happy working on a fully remote team. StreamYard is currently a team of over 50 people, and you will be working within the Customer Success Organization managing Customer Support Reps and Specialists.
- Help lead and motivate the customer support team
- Create knowledge base articles, and update articles with new releases
- Work with/have capacity to manage up to 10 teammates
- Track and analyze weekly and monthly teammate metrics
- Provide feedback to teammates on metrics and support responses (through Zendesk, logs, and / or video chat).
- Biweekly 1 on 1s with teammates.
- Create video content for both internal and external uses to train and educate users on the platform and best practices; as well as team education on skills and new tools.
- Handle customer escalations via Zendesk and/or video chat
- Assist in sourcing candidates and conduct interviews
- Onboard new hires, assisting with new hire processes, and be the main point of contact for new teammates.
- Validate and create support team processes and internal documentation.
- Meet all individual and team OKRs and KPIs.
- Monitor customer inquiries on social media and reach out to provide assistance as needed.
- Help to develop and refine customer support procedures, policies, and standards.
- Act as additional technical support to the Support Team.
- Work in Zendesk daily alongside teammates.
- Coordinate with other Customer Support Managers for daily tasks.
- Attend team and company meetings as scheduled.
- Understand, explain, and communicate updates, releases, and changes on the platform.
- Lead escalations driven by customer complaints proactively through the use of scheduled calls and email communication.
Qualifications and Requirements
- 1+ years of experience as a supervisor or manager
- 1+ years in the customer service field, ideally in tech
- Commitment to teammates and company
- Outstanding written and verbal communication skills; ability to read, interpret and clarify customers' goals and craft thoughtful responses to help them achieve their goals
- Comfortable communicating with teammates and customers via video and written communication
- Tech Savvy - love software, tech and are enthusiastic to learn a new platform
- Take initiative to solve problems and explore solutions in a fast-paced environment
- Great problem-solving abilities - assess all options before making a decision
- Exceptional organization skills - you're used to juggling multiple priorities
- Attentive and can anticipate the needs of customers
- Have an energetic and positive attitude
Nice to have
- Passion for creating raving fans
- Previous experience with a video/streaming platform
- Experience working at an rapidly growing startup
- Prior experience in using Zendesk
- Multilingual (Spanish, or Portuguese)
- Competitive salary
- Fully remote, global team
- Flexible schedules
- Laptop assigned, Mac or Dell (Windows)
- Health Insurance Support
- Parental Leave
- Monthly Wi-Fi stipend
- $800 USD for Home-Office set up
- $1500 USD for Learning & Development
At Hopin, we're committed to cultivating an environment that promotes equality, diversity, and inclusion. We are a global community and we believe our unique qualities must be celebrated as they are critical to our innovation. It's essential to us that you bring your authentic self to work every single day, no matter your age, ethnicity, religion, citizenship, gender identity, sexual orientation, disability status, neurodiversity, or otherwise. Inclusion isn't just an initiative at Hopin. We strive to embed it not just into our core values but throughout our entire ecosystem.