At Hopin, we’re reimagining events. Our mission is simple: we exist to make the world feel closer.
Founded in 2019, Hopin brings brands and communities together around highly interactive and engaging experiences. We believe that people should have access to the conversations, moments and ideas they care most about, no matter where they are. Through our highly scalable platform, participants are able to learn, engage, and connect from anywhere in the world.
Hopin started as a virtual events solution but we have since meaningfully expanded our offering from virtual events to hybrid and in-person events, as well as video and workplace collaboration products. This growth has been fueled by a series of strategic acquisitions, including: Boomset - an all-in-one event management platform; Attendify - advancing Event Marketing products; StreamYard - unveiling a video production Studio; video hosting service Streamable and video technology company Jamm.
Listed as one of the 2021 Fast Company Best Workplaces for Innovators, Hopin has scaled to 800+ employees working remotely across 47 countries. Valued at $7.75B, Hopin raised a $450M Series D round of financing and is backed by top tier investors, including Arena Holdings, Altimeter Capital, Adam Street Partners, Untitled Investments, XN Capital, Andreessen Horowitz, DFJ Growth, General Catalyst, GIC, IVP, Northzone, Salesforce Ventures, Slack, Temasek and Tiger Global.
Hopin is seeking a Lead Developer advocate who is self-driven, passionate and ambitious. You will be working closely with Product and Engineering to turn goals into strategic and remarkable creatives that result in increased awareness, growth, and engagement for the brand. Experience comes in many forms and passion goes a long way. If your background is close to what we are looking for, please consider applying even if you can’t check every box.
- Scoping out requirements for new integrations built by external developers
- Communicating external developer’s requirements to Hopin’s product teams
- Informing our API and developer tools roadmap
- Stakeholder for external developers within Hopin
- Owning our developer portal end-to-end (reviewing and approving new applications / versions, moderating reviews, setting up payments etc.)
- 2nd line of support for Hopin integrations troubleshooting (in collaboration with SE and product/engineering teams)
- Drive vision and future direction for Developer Advocate team at Hopin
- Spokesperson for Hopin in developer communities and conferences (where appropriate)
- Help setting up our developer community and events around it
- 3y+ of developer advocate experience or similar, preferably in a SaaS environment
- Solid grasp of the external developer journey and has experience working cross-functionally with Partnership, Security, Legal and GTM teams
- Experience with platform integrations, enterprise security, and ability to understand technical limitations of our platform
- Previously worked closely with product and engineering teams
- Strong understanding of how to operate in an enterprise SaaS sales team environment
- Experience owning developer documentation and drafting new resources where needed
- You are passionate about Hopin and our mission
- Based in AMER (East)/EMEA
- Fluent in English (written and verbal)
- Excellent communication skills and an ability to work closely with creative and business stakeholders.
- Competitive salary
- Fully remote, global team
- Flexible schedules
- Laptop assigned, Mac or Dell (Windows)
- Health Insurance Support
- Parental Leave
- Monthly Wi-Fi stipend
- $800 USD for Home-Office set up
- $1500 USD for Learning & Development
At Hopin, we're committed to cultivating an environment that promotes equality, diversity, and inclusion. We are a global community and we believe our unique qualities must be celebrated as they are critical to our innovation. It's essential to us that you bring your authentic self to work every single day, no matter your age, ethnicity, religion, citizenship, gender identity, sexual orientation, disability status, neurodiversity, or otherwise. Inclusion isn't just an initiative at Hopin. We strive to embed it not just into our core values but throughout our entire ecosystem.