At Hopin, we’re reimagining events. Our mission is simple: we exist to make the world feel closer.
Founded in 2019, Hopin brings brands and communities together around highly interactive and engaging experiences. We believe that people should have access to the conversations, moments and ideas they care most about, no matter where they are. Through our highly scalable platform, participants are able to learn, engage, and connect from anywhere in the world.
Hopin started as a virtual events solution but we have since meaningfully expanded our offering from virtual events to hybrid and in-person events, as well as video and workplace collaboration products. This growth has been fueled by a series of strategic acquisitions, including: Boomset - an all-in-one event management platform; Attendify - advancing Event Marketing products; StreamYard - unveiling a video production Studio; video hosting service Streamable and video technology company Jamm.
Listed as one of the 2021 Fast Company Best Workplaces for Innovators, Hopin has scaled to 800+ employees working remotely across 47 countries. Valued at $7.75B, Hopin raised a $450M Series D round of financing and is backed by top tier investors, including Arena Holdings, Altimeter Capital, Adam Street Partners, Untitled Investments, XN Capital, Andreessen Horowitz, DFJ Growth, General Catalyst, GIC, IVP, Northzone, Salesforce Ventures, Slack, Temasek and Tiger Global.
Meet our collaboration team, the engineers reimagining remote collaboration at Hopin.
Their greenfield project will redefine how people work together online. Choosing to join them, you’ll create and evolve the iOS & Android RTC SDK powering applications used by millions.
You’ll be fully remote but supported by the whole team, and your work will enable our engineers to build faster and with more reliability.
- Design, build and maintain the RTC iOS and Android SDKs.
- Create easy to use APIs and sample code to illustrate best practices to use the SDK.
- Collaborate with product & engineering to drive definition and implementation of new features.
- Innovate using ML & AI for RTC on mobile devices.
- Have a good understanding of the application life cycle and the mobile app architecture.
- Experience building iOS & Android SDKs using multiplatform technologies (e.g. Kotlin Multiplatform Mobile).
- Good experience with client-server communication and networking protocols.
- Experience with media APIs (e.g. AVFoundation or MediaCodec).
Nice to have
- Experience using WebRTC technologies to build applications.
- Computer vision, media processing or audio/video codecs experience.
- Experience contributing to open source projects.
- Competitive salary
- Fully remote, global team
- Flexible schedules
- Laptop assigned, Mac or Dell (Windows)
- Health Insurance Support
- Parental Leave
- Monthly Wi-Fi stipend
- $800 USD for Home-Office set up
- $1500 USD for Learning & Development
At Hopin, we're committed to cultivating an environment that promotes equality, diversity, and inclusion. We are a global community and we believe our unique qualities must be celebrated as they are critical to our innovation. It's essential to us that you bring your authentic self to work every single day, no matter your age, ethnicity, religion, citizenship, gender identity, sexual orientation, disability status, neurodiversity, or otherwise. Inclusion isn't just an initiative at Hopin. We strive to embed it not just into our core values but throughout our entire ecosystem.