At Hopin, we’re reimagining events. Our mission is simple: we exist to make the world feel closer.
Founded in 2019, Hopin brings brands and communities together around highly interactive and engaging experiences. We believe that people should have access to the conversations, moments and ideas they care most about, no matter where they are. Through our highly scalable platform, participants are able to learn, engage, and connect from anywhere in the world.
Hopin started as a virtual events solution but we have since meaningfully expanded our offering from virtual events to hybrid and in-person events, as well as video and workplace collaboration products. This growth has been fueled by a series of strategic acquisitions, including: Boomset - an all-in-one event management platform; Attendify - advancing Event Marketing products; StreamYard - unveiling a video production Studio; video hosting service Streamable and video technology company Jamm.
Listed as one of the 2021 Fast Company Best Workplaces for Innovators, Hopin has scaled to 800+ employees working remotely across 47 countries. Valued at $7.75B, Hopin raised a $450M Series D round of financing and is backed by top tier investors, including Arena Holdings, Altimeter Capital, Adam Street Partners, Untitled Investments, XN Capital, Andreessen Horowitz, DFJ Growth, General Catalyst, GIC, IVP, Northzone, Salesforce Ventures, Slack, Temasek and Tiger Global.
Cloud Security Engineer
As a Cloud Security Engineer within our Security Engineering team at Hopin you will be responsible for maintaining security on a global scale, spread across new and existing infrastructure.
The Cloud Security Engineer will be our first responder to incidents and threats and respond in a timely manner. The Cloud Security Engineer in Hopin will work with security, development and operations leaders to design and implement scalable and automated systems to monitor, alert and respond to active threats.
- Monitor, manage, and configure security tools to further improve the security landscape at Hopin
- Routinely investigate suspicious activity and perform containment and remediation procedures
- Work with Infrastructure, IT and Development teams to design, review and improve infrastructure security
- Participate in on-call pager rotation for incident response and management.
- Assess the scope of the security breaches and affected systems, escalate the incident accordingly and collect data for additional and post-mortem analysis
- Proactively seek out weaknesses, vector attacks and stealthy threat actors, conduct penetration tests, and review/triage vulnerability assessments.
- Automate investigation actions and orchestrate workflows
- Provide audit and compliance support for the organization
- BA or BSc. in Computer Science, related field or equivalent industry experience
- At least 2+ years of experience in a full-time security position or Information Security operations, preferably in a position involving threats detection and mitigation
- Experience with log analysis, event correlation and incident management procedures and systems, as well as knowledge of host and network log sources
- Experience parsing and filtering logs for troubleshooting and auditing purposes
- Experience analysing network traffic – Good knowledge of TCP/IP protocols
- Experience analysing endpoint/server telemetry – Good knowledge of underlying Operating Systems internals
- Experience working within a public cloud infrastructure environment (AWS, Google Cloud)
- Experience reviewing and hardening cloud services configurations
- Experience with monitoring and handling incidents in cloud native infrastructure
- Experience with Threat Intelligence
- Experience creating and updating quality technical documentation for internal use
- Good communicator, able to efficiently deliver information to technical and non-technical audience
- Experience with creating new use cases for SIEM
- Competitive salary
- Fully remote, global team
- Flexible schedules
- Laptop assigned, Mac or Dell (Windows)
- Health Insurance Support
- Parental Leave
- Monthly Wi-Fi stipend
- $800 USD for Home-Office set up
- $1500 USD for Learning & Development
At Hopin, we're committed to cultivating an environment that promotes equality, diversity, and inclusion. We are a global community and we believe our unique qualities must be celebrated as they are critical to our innovation. It's essential to us that you bring your authentic self to work every single day, no matter your age, ethnicity, religion, citizenship, gender identity, sexual orientation, disability status, neurodiversity, or otherwise. Inclusion isn't just an initiative at Hopin. We strive to embed it not just into our core values but throughout our entire ecosystem.