At Hopin, we’re reimagining events. Our mission is simple: we exist to make the world feel closer.
Founded in 2019, Hopin brings brands and communities together around highly interactive and engaging experiences. We believe that people should have access to the conversations, moments and ideas they care most about, no matter where they are. Through our highly scalable platform, participants are able to learn, engage, and connect from anywhere in the world.
Hopin started as a virtual events solution but we have since meaningfully expanded our offering from virtual events to hybrid and in-person events, as well as video and workplace collaboration products. This growth has been fueled by a series of strategic acquisitions, including: Boomset - an all-in-one event management platform; Attendify - advancing Event Marketing products; StreamYard - unveiling a video production Studio; video hosting service Streamable and video technology company Jamm.
Listed as one of the 2021 Fast Company Best Workplaces for Innovators, Hopin has scaled to 800+ employees working remotely across 47 countries. Valued at $7.75B, Hopin raised a $450M Series D round of financing and is backed by top tier investors, including Arena Holdings, Altimeter Capital, Adam Street Partners, Untitled Investments, XN Capital, Andreessen Horowitz, DFJ Growth, General Catalyst, GIC, IVP, Northzone, Salesforce Ventures, Slack, Temasek and Tiger Global.
As an Hopin Video Streaming Engineer, you will be working across multiple teams and be responsible for driving quick resolution of highly technical, complex media delivery issues.
You will be working in a multi-functional team to monitor media streaming systems, identify root causes and to resolve customers’ issues in collaboration with the Customer Success and Sales teams.
In addition, there will be scope to participate in design and configuration matters to correct or optimize media performance and you will have direct involvement and participation in customer facing teams.
You will be able to opportunity to work closely with multiple teams (engineering, SRE, customer success), get a wide knowledge of Hopin internal tools and processes and improve Hopin ability to deliver the best experience to our customers.
Hopin is a highly collaborative and customer driven environment on very high profile customers like Twitch, Slack, Miro, United Nations, to name a few.
You will be joining the Event Experience area that is operated by multiple teams (Stage, Sessions, Streaming & Recording) to support high profile global customers. As an engineer that will operate cross-team this will be your chance to work with senior engineers focused on delivering excellent technical support and effective operations management.
- Provide Level 2 technical support to our clients performing live streaming events (diagnose and resolve technical issues)
- Leverage a suite of tools to closely monitor our customers' streaming pipelines (Datadog, Sentry, Gitlab, etc)
- Take ownership of pre- and post- sales technical issue
- Demonstrate leadership and work independently to resolve complex technical problems, including escalations to the product Teams in Engineering.
- Develop methods and best practices for delivering outstanding service, as well as participate in knowledge sharing through the creation of knowledge base articles.
- Experience working with either Amazon IVS, MUX or OpenTok/Vonage
- streaming media protocols such as HTTP Live Streaming (WebRTC or RTMP or HLS), DASH, RTSP;
- Knowledge of media codecs, formats, transports and container protocols such as MPEG-2, H.264/AVC, AAC, AC3, MP4, TS and Webrtc;
- AWS competence (K8s, Terraform)
- Knowledge of video transcoding tools such as FFmpeg and Elemental;
- Experience with Network and CDN architectures – routers, switches, proxies and protocols;
- Troubleshooting using WireShark or similar ;
- Experience using websockets to deliver a real-time experience.
- 2+ year experience building large-scale and robust systems to provide high-quality media streaming services.
- Experience with Docker
- Experience with DynamoDB, or other NoSQL database engines
- Experience with Ruby
- Experience with PostgreSQL and Redis
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills, with the ability to disseminate information in a clear and correct manner to business and technical audiences
- Strong relationship building skills, with the ability to positively influence the actions of others
- Great problem-solving skills with the ability to resolve complex, highly technical issues, often under time pressure
- Ability to manage multiple priorities, commitments and projects
- Self-motivated, directed and passionate about what you do, striving for results constantly
- Competitive salary
- Fully remote, global team
- Flexible schedules
- Laptop assigned, Mac or Dell (Windows)
- Health Insurance Support
- Parental Leave
- Monthly Wi-Fi stipend
- $800 USD for Home-Office set up
- $1500 USD for Learning & Development
At Hopin, we're committed to cultivating an environment that promotes equality, diversity, and inclusion. We are a global community and we believe our unique qualities must be celebrated as they are critical to our innovation. It's essential to us that you bring your authentic self to work every single day, no matter your age, ethnicity, religion, citizenship, gender identity, sexual orientation, disability status, neurodiversity, or otherwise. Inclusion isn't just an initiative at Hopin. We strive to embed it not just into our core values but throughout our entire ecosystem.