At Hopin, we’re reimagining events. Our mission is simple: we exist to make the world feel closer.
Founded in 2019, Hopin brings brands and communities together around highly interactive and engaging experiences. We believe that people should have access to the conversations, moments and ideas they care most about, no matter where they are. Through our highly scalable platform, participants are able to learn, engage, and connect from anywhere in the world.
Hopin started as a virtual events solution but we have since meaningfully expanded our offering from virtual events to hybrid and in-person events, as well as video and workplace collaboration products. This growth has been fueled by a series of strategic acquisitions, including: Boomset - an all-in-one event management platform; Attendify - advancing Event Marketing products; StreamYard - unveiling a video production Studio; video hosting service Streamable and video technology company Jamm.
Listed as one of the 2021 Fast Company Best Workplaces for Innovators, Hopin has scaled to 800+ employees working remotely across 47 countries. Valued at $7.75B, Hopin raised a $450M Series D round of financing and is backed by top tier investors, including Arena Holdings, Altimeter Capital, Adam Street Partners, Untitled Investments, XN Capital, Andreessen Horowitz, DFJ Growth, General Catalyst, GIC, IVP, Northzone, Salesforce Ventures, Slack, Temasek and Tiger Global.
Our Event Management and Marketing engineering teams provide the tools and features to help event organisers set up, preview, market, communicate and supervise their events to be able to reach attendees across the globe!
We are looking for a Staff Frontend Engineer who is passionate about customer service and crafting the best experience for them. We look for individuals who can design and adopt standards and practices to help move our industry to the next level, but also know when to apply off-the-shelf solutions for the problem. We value people who are willing to understand our customers’ concerns and can help prioritise impact for them.
We currently work with TypeScript, React, and Next.js, but the ability to adapt to changing technology is an important strength. You believe in leaving things better than you found it - whether that be a piece of code, a Jira ticket, or the new team you’re joining. We have a #NoEgo philosophy, so we love to collaborate and learn from each other together to come up with the best solution.
How You'll Make an Impact
- You will architect, design, write, review, and test code in a collaborative way with other software engineers and build impactful features for Hopin’s multiple products
- Lots of experimenting, iterating and proposing solutions to our most difficult technical challenges while advocating and influencing others on standard practices.
- Working with multiple team members, understanding their concerns and helping drive and prioritise the best results for our customers across the department
Who You Are
- You can architect, design, develop, test, and debug software programs for end user applications
- Phenomenal interpersonal and communication skills
- Experience building progressive web applications
- Have a passion for clean and appropriately tested code. You have a deep understanding of automated testing, including unit, integration and end-to-end tests
- Possess experience crafting and maintaining CI/CD pipelines for front end application
Our Current Tech
- Lerna based monorepo
- Webpack 5
- Module Federation
- Competitive salary
- Fully remote, global team
- Flexible schedules
- Laptop assigned, Mac or Dell (Windows)
- Health Insurance Support
- Parental Leave
- Monthly Wi-Fi stipend
- $800 USD for Home-Office set up
- $1500 USD for Learning & Development
At Hopin, we're committed to cultivating an environment that promotes equality, diversity, and inclusion. We are a global community and we believe our unique qualities must be celebrated as they are critical to our innovation. It's essential to us that you bring your authentic self to work every single day, no matter your age, ethnicity, religion, citizenship, gender identity, sexual orientation, disability status, neurodiversity, or otherwise. Inclusion isn't just an initiative at Hopin. We strive to embed it not just into our core values but throughout our entire ecosystem.