At Hopin, we’re reimagining events. Our mission is simple: we exist to make the world feel closer.
Founded in 2019, Hopin brings brands and communities together around highly interactive and engaging experiences. We believe that people should have access to the conversations, moments and ideas they care most about, no matter where they are. Through our highly scalable platform, participants are able to learn, engage, and connect from anywhere in the world.
Hopin started as a virtual events solution but we have since meaningfully expanded our offering from virtual events to hybrid and in-person events, as well as video and workplace collaboration products. This growth has been fueled by a series of strategic acquisitions, including: Boomset - an all-in-one event management platform; Attendify - advancing Event Marketing products; StreamYard - unveiling a video production Studio; video hosting service Streamable and video technology company Jamm.
Listed as one of the 2021 Fast Company Best Workplaces for Innovators, Hopin has scaled to 800+ employees working remotely across 47 countries. Valued at $7.75B, Hopin raised a $450M Series D round of financing and is backed by top tier investors, including Arena Holdings, Altimeter Capital, Adam Street Partners, Untitled Investments, XN Capital, Andreessen Horowitz, DFJ Growth, General Catalyst, GIC, IVP, Northzone, Salesforce Ventures, Slack, Temasek and Tiger Global.
In January 2021, Hopin announced its acquisition of StreamYard, the leading live streaming studio which allows content creators to create professional-quality video streaming experiences. In addition to eventually integrating its features into the Hopin platform, StreamYard will continue to also offer its live streaming studio tools to independent content creators.
Millions of users participate in StreamYard powered broadcasts every month. If you want to write code that has a high impact on real people daily, join us on this adventure!!!
We love StreamYard and its community. We work together to improve our tool and build the best experience possible. Our users tell us that StreamYard makes streaming fun – you can quickly create engaging content with guests, show on screen comments/lower thirds, and brand your broadcasts with themes, overlays, and backgrounds. You don’t need to know anything about technology or streaming to get started, and even though StreamYard is simple, engineers love how powerful it is under the hood, and how effective it is for streaming group discussions.
We are looking for a full time highly skilled Technical Lead who is comfortable developing highly scalable applications, APIs and Microservices using NodeJS.
You will lead the development of the future functionality of our product and be involved in the full development lifecycle. We are seeking a highly motivated individual who is comfortable in a fast-paced start-up environment as well as working with a remote development team. You will have the opportunity to work within a highly motivated and collaborative team.
- Well rounded Technical Lead with exposure to all layers of application and development
- Excellent development skills in NodeJS
- Excellent knowledge and modern architectures
- A good understanding of modern DevOps technologies such as Docker and Kubernetes
- Deployed customer-facing software into a product environment
- Solid experience working in an agile development environment
- Passion for clean and appropriately tested code
- Strong analytical and critical thinking
- Good communication skills
Nice to have
- Familiarity with Google Cloud Platform
- An interest in learning React
- Self-starter, able to deliver project on time meeting high quality standards
- Strong background in technology and application design
- Strong understanding of different software development practices, infrastructure, and how each can help shop more value to customers
- Competitive salary
- Fully remote, global team
- Flexible schedules
- Laptop assigned, Mac or Dell (Windows)
- Health Insurance Support
- Parental Leave
- Monthly Wi-Fi stipend
- $800 USD for Home-Office set up
- $1500 USD for Learning & Development
At Hopin, we're committed to cultivating an environment that promotes equality, diversity, and inclusion. We are a global community and we believe our unique qualities must be celebrated as they are critical to our innovation. It's essential to us that you bring your authentic self to work every single day, no matter your age, ethnicity, religion, citizenship, gender identity, sexual orientation, disability status, neurodiversity, or otherwise. Inclusion isn't just an initiative at Hopin. We strive to embed it not just into our core values but throughout our entire ecosystem.