At Hopin, we’re reimagining events. Our mission is simple: better connections for a better planet.
Founded in 2019, Hopin brings brands and communities together around highly interactive and engaging experiences. We believe that people should have access to the conversations, moments and ideas they care most about, no matter where they are. Through our highly scalable platform, participants are able to learn, engage, and connect from anywhere in the world.
Hopin started as a virtual events solution but we have since meaningfully expanded our offering from virtual events to hybrid and in-person events, as well as video and workplace collaboration products. This growth has been fueled by a series of strategic acquisitions, including: Boomset - an all-in-one event management platform; Attendify - advancing Event Marketing products; StreamYard - unveiling a video production Studio; video hosting service Streamable and video technology company Jamm.
Listed as one of the 2021 Fast Company Best Workplaces for Innovators, Hopin has scaled to 800+ employees working remotely across 47 countries. Valued at $7.75B, Hopin raised a $450M Series D round of financing and is backed by top tier investors, including Arena Holdings, Altimeter Capital, Adam Street Partners, Untitled Investments, XN Capital, Andreessen Horowitz, DFJ Growth, General Catalyst, GIC, IVP, Northzone, Salesforce Ventures, Slack, Temasek and Tiger Global.
Hopin is seeking a digital product designer who is self-driven, passionate, compassionate and ambitious. We're looking for someone with the ability to go from the "big picture" view of a user experience right down to the "close-up" level of pixels and micro-interactions.
We're excited to work with someone who is proactive, highly motivated, comfortable in a rapidly changing start-up environment, and happy to work with a remote-first team. We're currently a team of 700+, and you will be working with a growing team of senior product designers.
- Lead the design of Planetary, the Hopin Design System
- Manage Planetary roadmap and represent it across the company
- Define process and resources to make Planetary evolve
- Nurture the design system adoption across Design and Engineering
- Track, measure and drive design system adoption across the organization
- Increase design and development efficiency and bring a consistent visual language to our products
- Ensure the design system meets UX, Accessibility and Brand standards
- Communicate, socialise, and collaborate with product teams to promote a consistent and high-quality experience for our customers
- MUST HAVE - Proven experience with and deep knowledge of Figma
- A portfolio demonstrating 6 + years of experience in Product / UX/UI Design
- 2+ years of experience as part of a design system team
- Strong systems thinking with hands-on experience scaling or contributing to design systems
- You are a metrics focussed designer who’s able to deliver and communicate business value to stakeholders
- You can demonstrate solid design skills across web, iOS and Android platforms
- You have experience writing simple and clear design system documentation
- You are vocal about design values and process, and are willing to challenge the current establishment
- You have experience user testing and optimising designs for global consumers
- You take pride in your work, but you are flexible about making changes and hearing others thoughts. Humility is really important at Hopin
- You are proactive about seeking feedback and explaining designs to engineers, product managers and other designers
- You are willing to build Hopin Design Culture with us
We’re looking for experience in:
- Remote working
- Design Systems
- Fast-paced environments and product based companies (mobile or web)
- Close collaboration with Design, Engineering and Product Management teams.
- Designing and shipping product experiences for international audiences. Any experience working on products in the event or live streaming space would be a plus
Experience comes in many forms and passion goes a long way. If your background is close to what we are looking for, please consider applying even if you can’t check every box.
- Fluent in English.
- Confident communicating complex product challenges and UX / UI flows
- Excellent communication skills and an ability to work closely with creative, technical, and business stakeholders
- Previous experience with a video platform
- Experience nurturing big projects in product companies
- Competitive salary
- Fully remote, global team
- Flexible schedules
- Laptop assigned, Mac or Dell (Windows)
- Health Insurance Support
- Parental Leave
- Monthly Wi-Fi stipend
- $800 USD for Home-Office set up
- $1500 USD for Learning & Development
At Hopin, we're committed to cultivating an environment that promotes equality, diversity, and inclusion. We are a global community and we believe our unique qualities must be celebrated as they are critical to our innovation. It's essential to us that you bring your authentic self to work every single day, no matter your age, ethnicity, religion, citizenship, gender identity, sexual orientation, disability status, neurodiversity, or otherwise. Inclusion isn't just an initiative at Hopin. We strive to embed it not just into our core values but throughout our entire ecosystem.