At Hopin, we’re reimagining virtual events.
As the first all-in-one virtual venue for live online events, Hopin brings people together in a highly interactive and engaging online experience that feels just like an in-person event, only without the barriers. Whether it’s a 50-person meetup, or a 50,000-person conference—any type of event organizer can host a Hopin event for their attendees, speakers, sponsors, and vendors to convene, learn, and interact face-to-face online. We’re spearheading the innovative technology that is enabling people to gather online like never before.
Our mission is simple: better connections for a better planet.
We believe in events without limits, but events that are sustainable and accessible to everyone—and fun, too! To do this, we need passionate builders and storytellers to join us. Do you love people and technology and the magic that happens when they converge at scale? Do you have the skills and experience we’re looking for to better serve our clients? If so, we’d like to meet.
We’ve been recently funded by a16z, General Catalyst, IVP, Accel, DFJ Growth, Northzone, Coatue, Tiger Global, Salesforce Ventures and many other high profile investors.
In January 2021, Hopin announced its acquisition of StreamYard, the leading live streaming studio which allows content creators to create professional-quality video streaming experiences. In addition to eventually integrating its features into the Hopin platform, StreamYard will continue to also offer its live streaming studio tools to independent content creators.
Millions of users participate in StreamYard powered broadcasts every month. If you want to design products that have a high impact on real people daily, join us on this adventure!!!
We love StreamYard and its community. We work tirelessly to improve our tool and create the best experience possible. Our users tell us that StreamYard makes streaming fun – you can quickly create engaging content with guests, show on screen comments/lower thirds, and brand your broadcasts with themes, overlays, and backgrounds. You don’t need to know anything about technology or streaming to get started. And even though StreamYard is simple, techy folks love how powerful it is under the hood, and how effective it is for streaming group discussions.
StreamYard is seeking a Senior Product Designer who is self-driven, compassionate, and ambitious - who can help push the boundaries of what's possible. As a Senior Product Designer, you'll help define and progress the product experience, taking a user-centric, research-based approach to problem solving, and actively partner with our design, engineering, and marketing teams.
- Design simple, data-driven, and user-centric experiences that delight users.
- Define user interactions and experience through user flows, information architecture and mockups.
- Conduct research and discover user needs (through that research, data or insights from the support team), independently or in collaboration with the product team.
- Contribute to our ever-evolving design system.
- Look for opportunities to solve problems in unique and innovative ways.
- Build functional prototypes to validate and test your designs, and to spark team conversations.
- Help maintain visual and brand consistency across all products and properties.
- Collaborate with engineers and stakeholders to ensure business goals translate into effective outcomes and unique product experiences.
- Iterate on feedback from the team and your users to improve the quality of the product experience.
- A portfolio of work demonstrating 3+ years of experience in product design that also reflects your ability to think deeply about design/problems.
- An effective storyteller with experience working in cross-functional environments to develop concepts that delight customers and deliver business results.
- Clearly convey design ideas via sketches, storyboards, high-fidelity mockups, prototypes, or animations.
- Possess not just exceptional product design skills, but also the ability to implement strategic and conceptual thinking.
- Demonstrate an excellent understanding of hierarchy, typography, and visual balance.
- Proficient with current industry standard design and collaboration tools, particularly Figma.
- Familiarity with fundamental frontend development (HTML, CSS, and JS. React would be a plus).
- Possess effective information presentation (visual and written) skills.
- Vocal about design values and processes, and willing to challenge the status quo.
- Confident in your work, but flexible about making changes and hearing others thoughts.
- Proactive in seeking feedback and explaining designs to engineers, designers, and stakeholders.
- You’re willing to build StreamYard design culture with us.
- Competitive salary
- Fully remote, global team
- Flexible schedules
- Laptop assigned, Mac or Dell (Windows)
- Health Insurance Support
- Parental Leave
- Monthly Wi-Fi stipend
- $800 USD for Home-Office set up
- $1500 USD for Learning & Development
At Hopin, we're committed to cultivating an environment that promotes equality, diversity, and inclusion. We are a global community and we believe our unique qualities must be celebrated as they are critical to our innovation. It's essential to us that you bring your authentic self to work every single day, no matter your age, ethnicity, religion, citizenship, gender identity, sexual orientation, disability status, neurodiversity, or otherwise. Inclusion isn't just an initiative at Hopin. We strive to embed it not just into our core values but throughout our entire ecosystem.