At Hopin, we’re reimagining virtual events.
As the first all-in-one virtual venue for live online events, Hopin brings people together in a highly interactive and engaging online experience that feels just like an in-person event, only without the barriers. Whether it’s a 50-person meetup, or a 50,000-person conference—any type of event organizer can host a Hopin event for their attendees, speakers, sponsors, and vendors to convene, learn, and interact face-to-face online. We’re spearheading the innovative technology that is enabling people to gather online like never before.
Our mission is simple: better connections for a better planet.
We believe in events without limits, but events that are sustainable and accessible to everyone—and fun, too! To do this, we need passionate builders and storytellers to join us. Do you love people and technology and the magic that happens when they converge at scale? Do you have the skills and experience we’re looking for to better serve our clients? If so, we’d like to meet.
We’ve been recently funded by a16z, General Catalyst, IVP, Accel, DFJ Growth, Northzone, Coatue, Tiger Global, Salesforce Ventures and many other high profile investors.
The mission of the IT Team is to enable our fellow Hopineers and partners to do their best work. We do that by supporting and managing applications, devices and services our colleagues rely on. We pride ourselves on providing the best-in-class user support with a focus on employee experience through technology and automation.
The IT team at Hopin is looking for a seasoned IT Manager that can help us grow and lead our IT Support team. The new IT Support manager should have experience managing support teams with a focus on employee experience and data-driven decisions to help us shape the IT Support operations globally as a fully remote and distributed company.
Our ideal candidate is a detail-oriented, forward-thinking and self-motivated individual that can help us enable this mission with transparency, teamwork and collaboration.
- Support, invest in and develop an incredible team of talented and motivated IT Support Specialists with clear expectations via practices such as 1:1s, goal setting, and constant feedback
- Create growth opportunities for team members and address gaps via non-technical skills mentoring and performance management. Help make our people shine!
- Provide support and guidance with Hopin systems like G Suite, Slack, MS Office, Keeper, Jira, Confluence amongst others and the ability to train and support employees on their use
- Support our fellow Hopineers in resolving problems with IT applications and hardware.
- Manage access and identity management requests
- Design, update and maintain IT documentation including documentation for support and operations processes
- Manage hardware and software purchasing while maintaining accurate Asset Management records
- Design and execute projects to improve systems and operations
- 3+ years of management experience in IT Support teams. Experience growing, coaching, mentoring and providing feedback to team members.
- Experience in building processes and organizational structures to support highly effective teams.
- Passionate about people and improving the environment in which they work
- Experience with macOS and Windows systems and software
- Experience with hosted productivity and communications applications, including Google Workspace, MS Office, Adobe, and the ability to train and support employees on their use
- Ability to be empathetic, humble and possess a strong focus on customer service
- Outstanding interpersonal and communication skills
Nice to have
- Apple or Windows related certifications
- Linux experience
- Working scripting knowledge (ex: Ruby, Google Apps Script, Shell, Python, Go...)
- Possess working knowledge of endpoint management tools like Jamf or Intune
- Competitive salary
- Fully remote, global team
- Flexible schedules
- Laptop assigned, Mac or Dell (Windows)
- Health Insurance Support
- Parental Leave
- Monthly Wi-Fi stipend
- $800 USD for Home-Office set up
- $1500 USD for Learning & Development
At Hopin, we're committed to cultivating an environment that promotes equality, diversity, and inclusion. We are a global community and we believe our unique qualities must be celebrated as they are critical to our innovation. It's essential to us that you bring your authentic self to work every single day, no matter your age, ethnicity, religion, citizenship, gender identity, sexual orientation, disability status, neurodiversity, or otherwise. Inclusion isn't just an initiative at Hopin. We strive to embed it not just into our core values but throughout our entire ecosystem.