At Hopin, we’re reimagining virtual events.
As the first all-in-one virtual venue for live online events, Hopin brings people together in a highly interactive and engaging online experience that feels just like an in-person event, only without the barriers. Whether it’s a 50-person meetup, or a 50,000-person conference—any type of event organizer can host a Hopin event for their attendees, speakers, sponsors, and vendors to convene, learn, and interact face-to-face online. We’re spearheading the innovative technology that is enabling people to gather online like never before.
Our mission is simple: better connections for a better planet.
We believe in events without limits, but events that are sustainable and accessible to everyone—and fun, too! To do this, we need passionate builders and storytellers to join us. Do you love people and technology and the magic that happens when they converge at scale? Do you have the skills and experience we’re looking for to better serve our clients? If so, we’d like to meet.
We’ve been recently funded by a16z, General Catalyst, IVP, Accel, DFJ Growth, Northzone, Coatue, Tiger Global, Salesforce Ventures and many other high profile investors.
This role involves working with the Jamm team at Hopin to develop solutions that will define the future of remote collaboration. The Jamm team was acquired by Hopin and are tasked with figuring out what the future of video communication looks like. You will be instrumental in this small, innovative, early stage team. Experimenting with lots of different ideas for revolutionising video communication space.
We are currently working with Vue.js, TypeScript, Nuxt.js, GraphQL and WebRTC.
- Collaborating closely with our product and design team to take designs and implement beautiful functional features in our new products.
- Working closely with our mobile and server engineers to design and develop new SDKs and components from start to finish.
- Writing automated unit and end-to-end tests to test your features as you build them.
- Communicating with internal developers in other teams to help them use our powerful video components.
- Diagnosing and fixing bugs.
- Code reviewing contributions from other engineers.
- Collaborating with our product team to analyse data and help determine feature success, confirm bug fixes and find issues.
- 3+ years front-end web development experience
- Experience working with a modern front-end framework such as React, Vue or Angular (we use Vue)
- Experience writing automated tests
- Self-driven and motivated to learn new skills
- Great communication skills in a remote environment
Nice to have
- You have experience building real-time applications for example using technologies such as WebRTC, WebSockets, GraphQL subscriptions, Firebase real-time database.
- Experience with Vue, Nuxt.js, Vuetify
- Experience with GraphQL and Apollo
- Experience with TypeScript
- Competitive salary
- Fully remote, global team
- Flexible schedules
- Laptop assigned, Mac or Dell (Windows)
- Health Insurance Support
- Parental Leave
- Monthly Wi-Fi stipend
- $800 USD for Home-Office set up
- $1500 USD for Learning & Development
At Hopin, we're committed to cultivating an environment that promotes equality, diversity, and inclusion. We are a global community and we believe our unique qualities must be celebrated as they are critical to our innovation. It's essential to us that you bring your authentic self to work every single day, no matter your age, ethnicity, religion, citizenship, gender identity, sexual orientation, disability status, neurodiversity, or otherwise. Inclusion isn't just an initiative at Hopin. We strive to embed it not just into our core values but throughout our entire ecosystem.