At Hopin, we’re reimagining virtual events.
As the first all-in-one virtual venue for live online events, Hopin brings people together in a highly interactive and engaging online experience that feels just like an in-person event, only without the barriers. Whether it’s a 50-person meetup, or a 50,000-person conference—any type of event organizer can host a Hopin event for their attendees, speakers, sponsors, and vendors to convene, learn, and interact face-to-face online. We’re spearheading the innovative technology that is enabling people to gather online like never before.
Our mission is simple: better connections for a better planet.
We believe in events without limits, but events that are sustainable and accessible to everyone—and fun, too! To do this, we need passionate builders and storytellers to join us. Do you love people and technology and the magic that happens when they converge at scale? Do you have the skills and experience we’re looking for to better serve our clients? If so, we’d like to meet.
We’ve been recently funded by a16z, General Catalyst, IVP, Accel, DFJ Growth, Northzone, Coatue, Tiger Global, Salesforce Ventures and many other high profile investors.
Hopin’s products and services offer our community of users the ability to connect, share, contribute and participate in vibrant, positive experiences. The Trust & Safety team at Hopin works to ensure that our fast-growing community is protected from bad experiences by developing innovative processes, tools, product enhancements and review mechanisms that function at scale.
As an Escalations Specialist, you will manage our response to critical and timely policy escalations globally and use a variety of tools to ensure issues are triaged and the right stakeholders are involved in resolution, including our policy, communications and legal teams. You will be a key contributor in testing new processes, systems, and infrastructure to manage escalations, while also providing input on where our efforts should be focused to work as proactively as possible. This role also requires analysis of incident-related data and identification of trends, impact, and possible improvements. In this role, you will review controversial and (at times) offensive content in line with Hopin’s Community Guidelines.
- Manage the policy escalation process end-to-end, ensuring visibility and driving consensus across all stakeholders.
- Evaluate cross-product escalations to determine severity, risk, and required action.
- Analyze, identify, prioritize, and deliver operational improvement opportunities.
- Identify, articulate, and quantify impact of required tools changes to deliver on these opportunities.
- Develop post mortems and implementations of preventative solutions, including working with our product and engineering teams on tools.
- Review controversial and offensive video content in line with Hopin’s Community Guidelines.
- Experience in content policy, anti-abuse, and reviewing online content.
- Experience analyzing abuse trends.
- Ability to build relationships with cross-functional partners across geographies.
- Obsession with user and community safety, focused on proactive issue identification.
- Fluent in English.
- Excellent communication skills and an ability to work closely with creative, technical, and business stakeholders.
- Competitive salary
- Fully remote, global team
- Flexible schedules
- Laptop assigned, Mac or Dell (Windows)
- Health Insurance Support
- Parental Leave
- Monthly Wi-Fi stipend
- $800 USD for Home-Office set up
- $1500 USD for Learning & Development
At Hopin, we're committed to cultivating an environment that promotes equality, diversity, and inclusion. We are a global community and we believe our unique qualities must be celebrated as they are critical to our innovation. It's essential to us that you bring your authentic self to work every single day, no matter your age, ethnicity, religion, citizenship, gender identity, sexual orientation, disability status, neurodiversity, or otherwise. Inclusion isn't just an initiative at Hopin. We strive to embed it not just into our core values but throughout our entire ecosystem.