At Hopin, we’re reimagining virtual events.
As the first all-in-one virtual venue for live online events, Hopin brings people together in a highly interactive and engaging online experience that feels just like an in-person event, only without the barriers. Whether it’s a 50-person meetup, or a 50,000-person conference—any type of event organizer can host a Hopin event for their attendees, speakers, sponsors, and vendors to convene, learn, and interact face-to-face online. We’re spearheading the innovative technology that is enabling people to gather online like never before.
Our mission is simple: better connections for a better planet.
We believe in events without limits, but events that are sustainable and accessible to everyone—and fun, too! To do this, we need passionate builders and storytellers to join us. Do you love people and technology and the magic that happens when they converge at scale? Do you have the skills and experience we’re looking for to better serve our clients? If so, we’d like to meet.
We’ve been recently funded by a16z, General Catalyst, IVP, Accel, DFJ Growth, Northzone, Coatue, Tiger Global, Salesforce Ventures and many other high profile investors.
This is an exciting high impact opportunity to counsel and guide Hopin. You can expect interesting and challenging assignments and a collegial work environment. As one of the first members of our legal team, you will help build the foundation to help Hopin meet its ambitious product and business goals.
This is an exciting opportunity for a highly adaptable and collaborative team player to join a fast-growing company. We are looking for a self-starting problem-solver who can work collaboratively and autonomously and roll up their sleeves when necessary to get the job done. Priorities and responsibilities for the role may shift given the fluidness of the business and how quickly we are growing. We need team players that want to do something special and help shape the direction of the legal team.
This role will be fully remote and report to the Associate General Counsel, Product and Commercial.
- Serve as the first point of contact for legal issues throughout the product development lifecycle and provide practical day to day and strategic advice to the engineering, product, design and platform teams
- Support the readiness and release of products and features by identifying and driving resolution of issues related to privacy, data security, marketing, competition, intellectual property, and other legal and regulatory areas
- Conduct legal product reviews and maintain an inventory of features, technology, data, and compliance requirements.
- Understand and stay up to date on U.S. and international laws and regulations related to Hopin’s products and services.
- Regularly meet with internal teams (e.g. product) to understand strategies, roadmap, and initiatives, and advise on new features, activities, markets, etc., to ensure alignment.
- Partner with the commercial team to clearly and concisely draft, review and negotiate a variety of agreements and terms of service relating to product offerings, integrations, developer tools, third-party software development, open-source software, and other technology and strategic partnerships
- Develop and deliver training and communications relating to product development and licensing topics
- Address a variety of issues of first impression and other special projects as needed
About You - What you bring:
- JD degree (or qualified to practice law in at least one European jurisdiction) and a member in good standing of the local bar association
- 7-10 years combined full-time experience; in-house experience at a software technology company strongly preferred
- Experience with communication platform technology, privacy and data protection, content regulation, intellectual property, marketing, and consumer protection – and a willingness to learn
- Excellent judgment and communication skills, with strong attention to detail
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills
- Flexible and able to organize, prioritize and complete multiple priorities and projects (internally and externally) in a fast-paced environment
- Openness to adapting his/her practice in response to a fluid and expanding product roadmap
- Thrives in an environment where you need to roll up your sleeves and own outcomes.
- Collaborative team player with excellent interpersonal skills and a good sense of humor
- Ability to quickly issue-spot and learn quickly to take on challenging new projects with enthusiasm
- Competitive salary
- Fully remote, global team
- Flexible schedules
- Laptop assigned, Mac or Dell (Windows)
- Health Insurance Support
- Parental Leave
- Monthly Wi-Fi stipend
- $800 USD for Home-Office set up
- $1500 USD for Learning & Development
At Hopin, we're committed to cultivating an environment that promotes equality, diversity, and inclusion. We are a global community and we believe our unique qualities must be celebrated as they are critical to our innovation. It's essential to us that you bring your authentic self to work every single day, no matter your age, ethnicity, religion, citizenship, gender identity, sexual orientation, disability status, neurodiversity, or otherwise. Inclusion isn't just an initiative at Hopin. We strive to embed it not just into our core values but throughout our entire ecosystem.