At Hopin, we’re reimagining virtual events.
As the first all-in-one virtual venue for live online events, Hopin brings people together in a highly interactive and engaging online experience that feels just like an in-person event, only without the barriers. Whether it’s a 50-person meetup, or a 50,000-person conference—any type of event organizer can host a Hopin event for their attendees, speakers, sponsors, and vendors to convene, learn, and interact face-to-face online. We’re spearheading the innovative technology that is enabling people to gather online like never before.
Our mission is simple: better connections for a better planet.
We believe in events without limits, but events that are sustainable and accessible to everyone—and fun, too! To do this, we need passionate builders and storytellers to join us. Do you love people and technology and the magic that happens when they converge at scale? Do you have the skills and experience we’re looking for to better serve our clients? If so, we’d like to meet.
We’ve been recently funded by a16z, General Catalyst, IVP, Accel, DFJ Growth, Northzone, Coatue, Tiger Global, Salesforce Ventures and many other high profile investors.
Hopin is seeking an experienced Engineering Manager for our SecOps team who is passionate about integrating security into a modern Agile & DevOps environment. We are looking for someone with strong experience in penetration testing and automated vulnerability scanning to expand and mature our Security Operations program across our portfolio of products and support our rapidly growing global workforce.
We're excited to be working with someone who is highly motivated, comfortable in a fast-paced start-up environment and is happy to work with a remote team. We're currently more than 500 and growing.
Our organization is remote-first. We currently have staff in over forty countries. We operate around the clock and strive to support flexible hours and schedules but our primary business hours are London, UK time and your work schedule would be expected to accommodate.
- Manage and expand a global SecOps team supporting multiple products and environments
- Perform Infrastructure and application security testing & scanning
- Contribute to the design, communication and adoption of a Software Development Life Cycle incorporating security architecture principles
- Provide domain expertise on protective controls including system, network, encryption, and authentication services
- Participate in security evaluations and research of platforms, products, and services
- Work closely with members of the SRE, Development, IT, and Information Security teams to drive impactful changes to the company’s network defense posture.
- Work closely with the compliance and governance teams to implement compliance and security requirements
- Work with infrastructure and product teams to ensure that they have secure-by-default systems
- Collaborate effectively with other team members to find solutions to problems
- 8+ years of experience managing Systems, Infrastructure and Security in customer facing environments
- Production experience with Terraform and Kubernetes
- Demonstrable experience learning new technologies on your own
- Strong proficiency in scripting and programming languages (Bash, Python, Ruby)
- Experience operating in a production AWS environment
- Expertise hardening Linux environments and Containers
- Experience building and scanning Docker containers
- Experience with JSON REST APIs
- Expert familiarity with automated testing tools
- Experience working with outside Audit and Testing Resources
- Experience with SSAE 16 / SOC 2, ISO 27001 & NIST
- Ability to use a wide variety of open source technologies and tools
- Great written and spoken English
- Able to work directly with business stakeholders - can articulate business needs and translate them into technology solutions
- Comfort with collaboration, reaching across teams, and focusing on business outcomes
Nice to have
- Knowledge of Git, Gitlab and GitHub
- Experience managing infrastructure in Google Cloud
- Experience with enterprise logging solutions (ELK, Datadog, Splunk, etc)
- Experience integrating static and dynamic testing in CI/CD pipelines
- Configuration management expertise (Chef/Puppet/Ansible/Salt)
- Competitive salary
- Fully remote, global team
- Flexible schedules
- Laptop assigned, Mac or Dell (Windows)
- Health Insurance Support
- Parental Leave
- Monthly Wi-Fi stipend
- $800 USD for Home-Office set up
- $1500 USD for Learning & Development
At Hopin, we're committed to cultivating an environment that promotes equality, diversity, and inclusion. We are a global community and we believe our unique qualities must be celebrated as they are critical to our innovation. It's essential to us that you bring your authentic self to work every single day, no matter your age, ethnicity, religion, citizenship, gender identity, sexual orientation, disability status, neurodiversity, or otherwise. Inclusion isn't just an initiative at Hopin. We strive to embed it not just into our core values but throughout our entire ecosystem.