At Hopin, we’re reimagining virtual events.
As the first all-in-one virtual venue for live online events, Hopin brings people together in a highly interactive and engaging online experience that feels just like an in-person event, only without the barriers. Whether it’s a 50-person meetup, or a 50,000-person conference—any type of event organizer can host a Hopin event for their attendees, speakers, sponsors, and vendors to convene, learn, and interact face-to-face online. We’re spearheading the innovative technology that is enabling people to gather online like never before.
Our mission is simple: better connections for a better planet.
We believe in events without limits, but events that are sustainable and accessible to everyone—and fun, too! To do this, we need passionate builders and storytellers to join us. Do you love people and technology and the magic that happens when they converge at scale? Do you have the skills and experience we’re looking for to better serve our clients? If so, we’d like to meet.
We’ve been recently funded by a16z, General Catalyst, IVP, Accel, DFJ Growth, Northzone, Coatue, Tiger Global, Salesforce Ventures and many other high profile investors.
The Role: Hopin is seeking a Head of Experiential to join our growing Corporate Marketing team! As our ideal candidate, you are an experienced and creative event professional that understands what it takes to create world class Hopin events in both virtual and hybrid settings. You have a deep understanding of what it takes to run a global team that activates best in class experiences for executives, industry professionals and Hopin Customers.
- Build out and effectively lead the experiential team, creating a positive and inspirational workplace; ensure individuals are enabled to succeed and develop professionally according to role and capabilities.
- Define and implement our digital and hybrid strategy
- Oversee and manage all corporate events, including executive series, leadership series, quarterly events and Hopin’s first industry conference
- Manage and own relationships with new and existing vendors, suppliers and other contributors on flawless execution of all assigned deliverables and programs – on schedule and within budget.
- Work with the strategic and agency partnership team to leverage our partner ecosystem to continuously expand our capabilities and presence at events
- Track, measure and report on all programs and map back to OKRs and KPIs
- Consistently use Event Health Score methodology to measure event sentiment and adjust as needed
- Improve, and standardize event processes with internal teams that allow Hopin to exceed attendee expectations
- Achieve deep technical understanding of Hopin’s products and critical business processes to help drive product direction and enhancements
- Build deep relationships across GTM and Technology teams to improve event experience
- Work cross functionally with Marketing, Sales, CS, Product and other Hopin teams to plan and align against all events and activations, and create a consistent standard across all events
- Be a thought leader and subject matter expert on all things events, providing the Hopin community direction on best practices and insights in real time
- 10+ years of experience in event management/ production, including 3 years of experience leading teams
- Experience in producing in-person, virtual, and hybrid events.
- Demonstrate success in measuring and reporting on operational metrics
- Proven experience with multi-million dollar revenue modeling and expense management.
- Broad network of vendors and contractors related to events.
- Success in managing and negotiating with third-party vendors.
- Foster collaboration and teamwork across cross-functional teams that are not under direct control.
- Outstanding capability to learn quickly and to adapt within a hyper growth
- Demonstrate superior communications skills, both written and verbal, including ability to present and effectively interact with all levels (including executives)
- You are as strategic as you are creative. You can cast vision, create plans, and rally the right resources around you to execute them.
- You think big, always able to see the bigger picture and how to 10X results
- Competitive salary
- Fully remote, global team
- Flexible schedules
- Laptop assigned, Mac or Dell (Windows)
- $800 USD for Home-Office set up
- $1500 USD for Learning & Development
At Hopin, we're committed to cultivating an environment that promotes equality, diversity, and inclusion. We are a global community and we believe our unique qualities must be celebrated as they are critical to our innovation. It's essential to us that you bring your authentic self to work every single day, no matter your age, ethnicity, religion, citizenship, gender identity, sexual orientation, disability status, neurodiversity, or otherwise. Inclusion isn't just an initiative at Hopin. We strive to embed it not just into our core values but throughout our entire ecosystem.