Hopin is seeking a design leader who is self-driven, passionate, compassionate and ambitious. We're looking for someone with the ability to go from the "big picture" view of a user experience right down to the "close-up" level of pixels and micro-interactions.
We're excited to work with someone who is proactive, highly motivated, comfortable in a rapidly changing start-up environment, and happy to work with a remote-first team. We're currently a team of 400+, and you will be working with a growing team of senior product designers.
- Manage and mentor a team of product designers in your Hopin area
- Define the design strategy of multiple Hopin products
- Define and pitch the Design resources you need to execute on the strategy
- Work closely with the other Design Leads to make sure the team is doing great
- Work closely with your team of designers and the Design System to ensure consistency over the full Hopin user experience
- Help us building Hopin Design Culture
- Always advocate for the best experience at Hopin
- A portfolio demonstrating 6+ years of experience in Product Design
- 4+ years of experience managing people in product companies
- The ability to communicate effectively with C-level stakeholders
- You're great at talking about design in business terms
- You have a rock-solid design process, and an excellent understanding of Service Design methods
- You take pride in your work, but you are flexible about making changes and hearing others thoughts. Humility is really important at Hopin
- You’re willing to build Hopin Design Culture with us
We’re looking for experience in:
- Remote working
- Fast-paced environments and product based companies (mobile or web)
- Close collaboration with Engineering and Product Management.
- Designing and shipping product experiences for international audiences. Any experience working on products in the event or live streaming space would be a plus
Experience comes in many forms and passion goes a long way. If your background is close to what we are looking for, please consider applying even if you can’t check every box
- Fluent in English.
- Confident communicating complex product challenges and UX / UI flows
- Excellent communication skills and an ability to work closely with creative, technical, and business stakeholders
- Previous experience with a video platform
- Experience nurturing big projects in product companies
- Experience working within design systems (Atomic, Lightning, Carbon...etc)
- Competitive salary
- Fully remote team, work from anywhere in the United States
- Flexible schedule
- Work laptop - Macbook Pro or DELL XPS
- $800 USD to improve your home-office set up
At Hopin, we're committed to cultivating an environment that promotes equality, diversity, and inclusion. We are a global community and we believe our unique qualities must be celebrated as they are critical to our innovation. It's essential to us that you bring your authentic self to work every single day, no matter your age, ethnicity, religion, citizenship, gender identity, sexual orientation, disability status, neurodiversity, or otherwise. Inclusion isn't just an initiative at Hopin. We strive to embed it not just into our core values but throughout our entire ecosystem.