At Hopin, we’re reimagining virtual events.
As the first all-in-one virtual venue for live online events, Hopin brings people together in a highly interactive and engaging online experience that feels just like an in-person event, only without the barriers. Whether it’s a 50-person meetup, or a 50,000-person conference—any type of event organizer can host a Hopin event for their attendees, speakers, sponsors, and vendors to convene, learn, and interact face-to-face online. We’re spearheading the innovative technology that is enabling people to gather online like never before.
Our mission is simple: better connections for a better planet.
We believe in events without limits, but events that are sustainable and accessible to everyone—and fun, too! To do this, we need passionate builders and storytellers to join us. Do you love people and technology and the magic that happens when they converge at scale? Do you have the skills and experience we’re looking for to better serve our clients? If so, we’d like to meet.
We’ve been recently funded by a16z, General Catalyst, IVP, Accel, DFJ Growth, Northzone, Coatue, Tiger Global, Salesforce Ventures and many other high profile investors.
Hopin is seeking a digital product designer who is self-driven, passionate, compassionate and ambitious. We're looking for someone with the ability to go from the "big picture" view of a user experience right down to the "close-up" level of pixels and micro-interactions.
We're excited to work with someone who is proactive, highly motivated, comfortable in a rapidly changing start-up environment, and happy to work with a remote-first team. We're currently a team of 400+, and you will be working with a growing team of senior product designers.
- Investigate, define, analyse, and solve product challenges through design
- Conduct preliminary research and discover user needs - independently or in collaboration with Product Managers and UX Researchers
- Sketch out quick layouts with our design system components, to spark team conversations
- Iterate on feedback from the team and your users, improving the quality of the product experience
- Create prototypes and collaborate with engineers and stakeholders to make sure the product meets the highest standards of quality
- Run usability tests, own the product experience in your area, and advocate for quality
- Work together with our in-house team of product designers, and other external design agencies to ensure coherence over the full user journey
- Be an advocate for the best user experience at Hopin
- A portfolio demonstrating 6 + years of experience in product design
- The ability to communicate effectively with C-level stakeholders through collaborative workshops and clear design drafts
- You're great at talking about design in business terms
- You have a rock-solid design process, and an excellent understanding of Service Design methods
- Your designs demonstrate an excellent understanding of hierarchy, typography, and visual balance
- You’re pragmatic, and able to take quick decisions in a high pace environment
- Proficiency with current industry standard design and collaboration tools (Figma, Sketch, Protopie, Principle, Framer…)
- You’re vocal about design values and process, and are willing to challenge the current establishment
- You take pride in your work, but you are flexible about making changes and hearing others thoughts. Humility is really important at Hopin
- You’re proactive about seeking feedback and explaining designs to engineers, product managers and other designers
- You’re willing to build Hopin Design Culture with us
We’re looking for experience in:
- Remote working
- Fast-paced environments and product based companies (mobile or web)
- Close collaboration with Engineering and Product Management.
- Designing and shipping product experiences for international audiences. Any experience working on products in the event or live streaming space would be a plus
Experience comes in many forms and passion goes a long way. If your background is close to what we are looking for, please consider applying even if you can’t check every box
- Fluent in English.
- Confident communicating complex product challenges and UX / UI flows
- Excellent communication skills and an ability to work closely with creative, technical, and business stakeholders
- Previous experience with a video platform
- Experience nurturing big projects in product companies
- Experience working within design systems (Atomic, Lightning, Carbon...etc)
- Competitive salary
- Fully remote, global team
- Flexible schedules
- Laptop assigned, Mac or Dell (Windows)
- Health Insurance Support
- Parental Leave
- Monthly Wi-Fi stipend
- $800 USD for Home-Office set up
- $1500 USD for Learning & Development
At Hopin, we're committed to cultivating an environment that promotes equality, diversity, and inclusion. We are a global community and we believe our unique qualities must be celebrated as they are critical to our innovation. It's essential to us that you bring your authentic self to work every single day, no matter your age, ethnicity, religion, citizenship, gender identity, sexual orientation, disability status, neurodiversity, or otherwise. Inclusion isn't just an initiative at Hopin. We strive to embed it not just into our core values but throughout our entire ecosystem.