At Hopin, we’re reimagining virtual events.
As the first all-in-one virtual venue for live online events, Hopin brings people together in a highly interactive and engaging online experience that feels just like an in-person event, only without the barriers. Whether it’s a 50-person meetup, or a 50,000-person conference—any type of event organizer can host a Hopin event for their attendees, speakers, sponsors, and vendors to convene, learn, and interact face-to-face online. We’re spearheading the innovative technology that is enabling people to gather online like never before.
Our mission is simple: better connections for a better planet.
We believe in events without limits, but events that are sustainable and accessible to everyone—and fun, too! To do this, we need passionate builders and storytellers to join us. Do you love people and technology and the magic that happens when they converge at scale? Do you have the skills and experience we’re looking for to better serve our clients? If so, we’d like to meet.
We’ve recently been funded by IVP, Accel, Northzone, Seedcamp, Slack Fund and a number of high-profile angel investors participated, including Supercell founder Ilkka Paananen, UiPath founder Daniel Dines, Intercom founder Des Traynor, GoCardless COO Carlos Gonzalez-Cadenas and Miro founder Andrey Khusid.
As a leader of Business Development this person will help build and scale a BDR Team. They will develop, train, and hire highly driven and enthusiastic team members.The Business Development organization is the talent and revenue engine of Hopin.You will take overall responsibility for inspiring, mentoring and building within the Business Development organisation; these teams generate the sales pipeline in support of our sales organisation. Taking ownership of pipeline generation and its progression through the sales cycle, your ability to partner with the manager and vice president supporting functions, incl. Marketing, Sales Strategy, Enablement, and Sales Programs, Customer Success, will define your success. You will be a critical contributor to the corporate sales strategy, providing the definition and implementation of the plan for Sales to achieve the region’s objectives.
- Build and lead the business development team with focus on building, scaling, and evolving the organisation
- Align the Business Development team with the existing Sales Teams
- Coach and develop Business Development teammates, collaborate with the marketing and sales programs teams on demand generation plans, partner with Sales Management in region to meet targets, and engage with recruitment to hit annual hiring goals
- Drive rigorous sales development execution, ensuring target attainment, accurate forecasts and total transparency
- Inspire & motivate individuals to succeed through impassioned management, coaching, creative sales incentives, and broadcast of results
- Build and conduct executive presentations for internal and external customers
- Participate in company wide projects to drive fast and consistent innovation and keep the organisation’s processes and methodologies agile and ahead of the market
What we are looking for:
- Prior experience and successful background in Sales Management or Sales Development Management gained in 1st and 2nd line leadership roles, preferably in Technology
- Proven track record of managing teams to achieve performance goals and consistently overachieving pipeline and revenue targets
- Experience in hiring and developing teams at scale, with a focus on coaching, mentoring and diversity
- Experience in managing cross-functional relationships to drive business alignment and success e.g. with Marketing, Alliance & Channels, Sales Leadership, Customer Success
- Exceptional leadership capabilities
- Ability to operate effectively in a fast-paced, hyper-growth environment
- Strong drive for results
- Outstanding communication, organisational and time management skills
- Excellent presentation and listening skills
- A trusted advisor to cross-functional stakeholders
- Business acumen and understanding of consultative selling