At Hopin, we’re reimagining virtual events.
As the first all-in-one virtual venue for live online events, Hopin brings people together in a highly interactive and engaging online experience that feels just like an in-person event, only without the barriers.
We’re spearheading the innovative technology that is enabling people to gather online like never before. Whether it’s a 50-person meetup, or a 50,000-person conference—any type of event organizer can host a Hopin event for their attendees, speakers, sponsors, and vendors to convene and interact face-to-face online.
Our mission is simple: better connections for a better planet.
We believe in events without limits, but events that are sustainable and accessible to everyone—and fun, too! To do this, we need passionate builders and storytellers to join us. Do you love people and technology and the magic that happens when they converge at scale? Do you have the skills and experience we’re looking for to better serve our clients? If so, we’d like to meet.
We’ve recently been funded by Accel, Northzone, Seedcamp, Web Summit’s Fund, Slack Fund and a number of high-profile angel investors participated, including Supercell founder Ilkka Paananen, UiPath founder Daniel Dines, Intercom founder Des Traynor, GoCardless COO Carlos Gonzalez-Cadenas and Miro founder Andrey Khusid.
Hopin is seeking a dynamic Head of Data Engineer to lead & rapidly scale a fast growing data engineering team. With 100% team growth already this year, the engineering organization is evolving and scaling to keep pace with the explosive product opportunity. Your leadership will help in rapidly scaling and maturing our data engineering strategy and team.
The role will involve:
- Be both highly technical and an effective people manager.
- As a senior leader in the company, defining the strategy for your function, nurturing it through the next stage of growth and achieving valuable business results.
- Hiring, growing and retaining top talent. In particular, mentoring and coaching a geographically distributed group of data engineers, while taking ownership of interviewing and hiring to grow our team.
- Participating in driving engineering initiatives and owning product quality. Actively shaping & influencing product strategy.
- Acting as point person for the team, when interfacing with Product, Customer Service, peer engineering teams and other parts of the organization.
- Making and meeting commitments to quality and on-pace delivery of new product features.
- Providing clear communication to your team, and the business about the progress and vision.
- You get the very best out of your team.
- You’ve got experience setting goals and measuring your team’s progress towards them (and beyond).
- You lead by example, often going the extra mile yourself.
- You keep the tempo as high as the level of fun.
- You have an ability to positively influence other parts of the business.
- You don’t avoid those difficult conversations.
- At least 8 years experience in software development, with at least 3 of them managing a data engineering team.
- Experience in either building data teams from scratch or scaling them.
- Experience managing managers and working cross-functionally with stakeholders across the business
- Strong hands-on background in data engineering in the past - familiarity with Python, Redshift/BigQuery/Snowflake, ETL processes, structured and unstructured data.
- Excellent written and spoken communication skills.
This is a remote job, but you must be able to cover 5+ hours of GMT time zone work hours per day from wherever you are.
- Competitive salary
- Fully remote team
- Flexible schedules
- Laptop assigned, Mac or DELL XPS
- 800 USD for Home-Office set up
At Hopin, we're committed to cultivating an environment that promotes equality, diversity, and inclusion. We are a global community and we believe our unique qualities must be celebrated as they are critical to our innovation. It's essential to us that you bring your authentic self to work every single day, no matter your age, ethnicity, religion, citizenship, gender identity, sexual orientation, disability status, neurodiversity, or otherwise. Inclusion isn't just an initiative at Hopin. We strive to embed it not just into our core values but throughout our entire ecosystem.