At Hopin, we’re reimagining virtual events.
As the first all-in-one virtual venue for live online events, Hopin brings people together in a highly interactive and engaging online experience that feels just like an in-person event, only without the barriers.
We’re spearheading the innovative technology that is enabling people to gather online like never before. Whether it’s a 50-person meetup, or a 50,000-person conference—any type of event organizer can host a Hopin event for their attendees, speakers, sponsors, and vendors to convene and interact face-to-face online.
Our mission is simple: better connections for a better planet.
We believe in events without limits, but events that are sustainable and accessible to everyone—and fun, too! To do this, we need passionate builders and storytellers to join us. Do you love people and technology and the magic that happens when they converge at scale? Do you have the skills and experience we’re looking for to better serve our clients? If so, we’d like to meet.
We’ve recently been funded by Accel, Northzone, Seedcamp, Web Summit’s Fund, Slack Fund and a number of high-profile angel investors participated, including Supercell founder Ilkka Paananen, UiPath founder Daniel Dines, Intercom founder Des Traynor, GoCardless COO Carlos Gonzalez-Cadenas and Miro founder Andrey Khusid.
The Head of Revenue Accounting will partner with the Sales, Legal, and Business Operations, among other stakeholders providing guidance and enforcing policies for Enterprise contracts in addition to traditional revenue accounting tasks. This newly created role will review all non-standards contracts and provide guidance and deal support to the business while ensuring we are recording our revenue in compliance with IFRS 15. Additionally this role will perform the monthly and quarterly close process for revenue, reconcile and validate deferred revenue and other accounts, book all required reserves and adjustments, analyze data, and prepare reports for executives. The position will also participate in special projects providing both technical and/or operational knowledge. The successful candidate must be a driven, customer service focused individual that can work well with internal and external customers at all levels. You will be expected to problem solve, recommend solutions and exercise good business judgment while performing their function. This is a full-time position reporting directly to the Corporate Controller.
- Responsible for all aspects of revenue accounting including monthly/quarterly close deadlines; including but not limited to: monthly account analyses and reconciliations, validating deferred revenue, accounts receivable and revenue financial statement balances.
- Responsible for designing, maintaining and enforcing the Company's revenue recognition policy.
- Develop an in-depth understanding of licensing models and recommend contract structures.
- Review and approve all non-standard contracts. Read, interpret, redline, and draft contractual language to ensure transactions comply with revenue recognition and operational policies.
- Collaborate with impacted parties to identify acceptable options to facilitate deal closure.
- Assess revenue treatment prior to deals being finalized. Track and document non-standard deals.
- Maintain scaleable operations to increase contract velocity and efficiency.
- Provide ongoing guidance and support to the business on revenue recognition issues
- Build and maintain relationships with sales, legal, business operations and strategic finance
- Support and participate on revenue related projects
- 7-10 years relevant experience with large, fast-growing, multinational companies, SAAS experience strongly preferred.
- Recognized accounting qualification preferred (ACA, CIMA, ACCA, CPA, ICAS or equivalent)
- Big 4 accounting public accounting experience preferred.
- Strong technical accounting skills. Solid knowledge of IFRS 15. Experience in subscription and usage-based business models is preferred.
- Ability to scale processes, with automation, in a controlled manner
- Strong computer and analytical skills including proficiency in Excel
- Superb attention to detail yet possesses an understanding of the 'big picture' and the importance of risk mitigation and a strong control environment
- Organized and thorough with desire for continuous improvement
- Experience in Salesforce, Zuora, RevPro and NetSuite is a plus
- Competitive salary
- Fully remote team, work from any corner of the world
- Flexible schedules
- Laptop assigned, Mac or Windows
- 800 USD for Home-Office set up
At Hopin, we're committed to cultivating an environment that promotes equality, diversity, and inclusion. We are a global community and we believe our unique qualities must be celebrated as they are critical to our innovation. It's essential to us that you bring your authentic self to work every single day, no matter your age, ethnicity, religion, citizenship, gender identity, sexual orientation, disability status, neurodiversity, or otherwise. Inclusion isn't just an initiative at Hopin. We strive to embed it not just into our core values but throughout our entire ecosystem.