At Hopin, we’re reimagining virtual events.
As the first all-in-one virtual venue for live online events, Hopin brings people together in a highly interactive and engaging online experience that feels just like an in-person event, only without the barriers. Whether it’s a 50-person meetup, or a 50,000-person conference—any type of event organizer can host a Hopin event for their attendees, speakers, sponsors, and vendors to convene, learn, and interact face-to-face online. We’re spearheading the innovative technology that is enabling people to gather online like never before.
Our mission is simple: better connections for a better planet. We believe in events without limits, but events that are sustainable and accessible to everyone—and fun, too! To do this, we need passionate builders and storytellers to join us. Do you love people and technology and the magic that happens when they converge at scale? Do you have the skills and experience we’re looking for to better serve our clients? If so, we’d like to meet you.
Do you want to work in an atmosphere where your work can have a huge impact on the backend systems architecture design to front end development and everything in between? As an Observability Engineer at Hopin, your mission will be to ensure reliability of our systems with a key focus on metrics, monitoring, tracing and automation for all our environments.
You will be in charge of building tools that help ingest and analyse data and build dashboards that provide visibility on the health of our most critical systems. You’ll collaborate closely with our infrastructure teams including our Site Reliability, DevOps & Security Engineers.
- Designing and implementing observability platform, infrastructure, and frameworks
- Implementing and maintaining systems for monitoring system health, logging, metrics and tracing
- Working with teams on load testing and improving deployments
- Working with engineering teams to enable them to support their services from development to production
- Ensuring system uptime and reliability meets our internal SLAs
- Experience with metrics and monitoring (ELK, Prometheus, Graphite, Grafana, Nagios etc)
- Software development skills in Python or Ruby
- Experience with container runtime technologies (Kubernetes, Docker etc)
- Working knowledge of public cloud platforms (eg. AWS, GCP)
- Knowledge of SQL and database technologies including an ability to write complex queries
- Competitive salary
- Fully remote team, work from any corner of the world
- Flexible schedules
- Laptop assigned, Mac or Windows
- $800 USD for Home-Office set up
At Hopin, we're committed to cultivating an environment that promotes equality, diversity, and inclusion. We are a global community and we believe our unique qualities must be celebrated as they are critical to our innovation. It's essential to us that you bring your authentic self to work every single day, no matter your age, ethnicity, religion, citizenship, gender identity, sexual orientation, disability status, neurodiversity, or otherwise. Inclusion isn't just an initiative at Hopin. We strive to embed it not just into our core values but throughout our entire ecosystem.