Hopin is seeking a Technical Project Manager on our Technical Operations team. This person will be responsible for driving multiple simultaneous programs in a highly cross-functional environment. This is a fast-paced, intellectually challenging position, with a need to be able to utilize critical thinking and apply problem solving skills to manage through ambiguity in order to solve complex problems.
A strong background in technology, information security and project leadership is essential for your success in this position. You must be able to command the intellectual respect of engineers, cross functional teams, and management, as well as run extremely effective programs with compressed timelines while dealing with ambiguity. The TPM will be well versed with executing Scrum, Kanban, and traditional project management methodologies.
We're excited to be working with someone who is highly motivated, comfortable in a fast-paced start-up environment and is happy to work with a remote team. We're currently more than 160 and growing.
Our organization is remote-first. We currently have staff in over two dozen countries. We operate around the clock and strive to support flexible hours and schedules but our primary business hours are London, UK time and your work schedule would be expected to accommodate.
- Help ensure Hopin's products and environment are are implemented to a high security standard
- Coordinate between different teams, and set clear expectations about responsibilities.
- Work with internal teams and external suppliers to drive remediation.
- Exercise technical judgment in working with cross-functional teams.
- Communicate schedules, priorities, and status to all levels in the company.
- Lead initiatives and serve as a point of contact.
- Collaborate effectively with other team members to find solutions to problems
- Provide on-going communication of status and risks to management teams internally as needed and garner support for changes in scope, schedule, or budget.
- 5+ years of experience as a project or program manager with experience establishing programs, prior experience managing IT/software projects through full lifecycles
- Proven ability to solve routine and complicated problems creatively and effectively
- Excellent verbal & written communication skills
- Empathy for the needs of all stakeholders, and a track record of delivering projects
- An appreciation for engineering and product management practices and are able to advocate for project owners as needed
- Experience in a rapid growth of the organization, working cross-functionally with teams delivering enterprise software
- High degree of competency with project management and methodology including: scoping, issue & risk identification, general management, tracking dependencies, user acceptance testing, and communication of overall project status.
- Strong bias for action and an intrinsic ability to deal with ambiguity
- Experience working in a remote / distributed organization
Nice to have
- BS in Computer Science, Information Systems, or the equivalent in experience
- A good understanding of Security Operations (SecOps) and broader IT Operations
- Security Certifications (CISM, CISSP, CISA etc) or training
- Experience with ISO or SSAE 16 processes