Hopin is seeking a Front-end Platform Engineer who is self-driven, passionate and ambitious! We're looking for someone with strong experience in building Front-end libraries, tooling, setting up developer processes (CI/CD, Logging, Monitoring) as well as developing architectural patterns that allow multiple engineering teams to collaborate without friction.
We're excited to be working with someone who is highly motivated, comfortable in a fast-paced start-up environment and is happy to work with a remote team. We're currently more than 50 and growing.
- Work with other team members designing and delivering libraries, tooling and processes for our developers.
- Have a strong focus on automation and efficiency.
- Think strategically about how to evolve our products.
- Have a desire and ability to solve open-ended problems in a highly-functional way.
- Collaborate effectively with other team members to find solutions to problems.
- Accountable for all parts of the software development lifecycle.
- Participate in code reviews and actively provide feedback on others’ designs/code.
- Makes tactical vs. strategic trade-offs.
- 5+ years of experience working in a commercial environment doing Full-stack or Front-end software development
- Demonstrate experience in Front-end developer tooling (eg. Webpack, Babel, Rollup, Lerna)
- Demonstrate experience in React
- Unit and Functional testing tools (React Testing Library, Jest, Tape, Cypress Testcafe)
- Visual regression / E2E tools (Cypress, Testacafe, Percy)
- Understanding of hot reloading, linting, formatting, server side rendering and micro frontend approaches
- Demonstrable experience learning new technologies on your own.
- Knowledge in best practices for the whole software development cycle (TDD/CI/CD) and agile methodologies.
- Good knowledge of version control.
- Ability to use a wide variety of open source technologies and tools.
- Great written and spoken English.
- Able to work directly with business stakeholders - can articulate business needs and translate them into technology solutions.
- Comfort with collaboration, reaching across teams, and focusing on business outcomes.
Nice to have:
- TypeScript and/or Flow
- Developing CLI tools
- Contract Testing (eg. Pact, Dredd)
- Accessibility standards
- Performance testing (eg. Lighthouse)
- Internationalisation tooling (eg. i18n approaches)
- Knowledge of Git and GitHub.
- Experience with Micro-frontends architecture
- Experience with Observability tools
- Competitive salary
- Fully remote team, work from any corner of the world
- Flexible schedules
- Laptop assigned, Mac or Windows
- 800 USD for Home-Office set up
At Hopin, we're committed to cultivating an environment that promotes equality, diversity, and inclusion. We are a global community and we believe our unique qualities must be celebrated as they are critical to our innovation. It's essential to us that you bring your authentic self to work every single day, no matter your age, ethnicity, religion, citizenship, gender identity, sexual orientation, disability status, neurodiversity, or otherwise. Inclusion isn't just an initiative at Hopin. We strive to embed it not just into our core values but throughout our entire ecosystem.