At Hopin, we’re reimagining virtual events.
As the first all-in-one virtual venue for live online events, Hopin brings people together in a highly interactive and engaging online experience that feels just like an in-person event, only without the barriers.
We’re spearheading the innovative technology that is enabling people to gather online like never before. Whether it’s a 50-person meetup, or a 50,000-person conference—any type of event organizer can host a Hopin event for their attendees, speakers, sponsors, and vendors to convene and interact face-to-face online.
Our mission is simple: better connections for a better planet.
We believe in events without limits, but events that are sustainable and accessible to everyone—and fun, too! To do this, we need passionate builders and storytellers to join us. Do you love people and technology and the magic that happens when they converge at scale? Do you have the skills and experience we’re looking for to better serve our clients? If so, we’d like to meet.
We’ve recently been funded by Accel, Northzone, Seedcamp, Web Summit’s Fund, Slack Fund and a number of high-profile angel investors participated, including Supercell founder Ilkka Paananen, UiPath founder Daniel Dines, Intercom founder Des Traynor, GoCardless COO Carlos Gonzalez-Cadenas and Miro founder Andrey Khusid.
About the Role
Hopin is well known in media and tech circles today as a buzzy startup with a great product experience and top global clients. We've amassed a global user base with minimal paid media or proactive PR to date, but we're after a lot more than buzz. So, we're looking for our first communications hire to own our strategy, and take our product and brand story to the next level.
What You’ll Do
- Stand up our comms strategy. You'll help us define our core messaging, set culture through internal communication, and guide our relationships and brand identity with the press, analysts, and the world at large.
- Work with product, marketing, finance, and other partners to promote product launches, M&A initiatives, and strategic partnerships.
- Run our strategy: Help us figure out which media to connect with, when and how. Where we should be speaking and about what. Turn our executive bench and team leads into media-trained experts, and determine how we respond to inbound invitations and inquiries.
- Own our earned channels. Ours is not your average startup story arc. We're in an historic position to tell stories about our product, industry, and direction that will get noticed.
- Help us define our space and the category we’re in. Hopin is innovating across multiple industries simultaneously at a record-breaking pace. You’ll need to help us champion our current categories while positioning us for leading new ones in 4-6 months.
- We have a strong founder story and we’re amid a major inflection point with crushing inbound interest and rocketship growth.
- Help us figure out how to reach our diverse audiences with targeted messages that resonate and hit marketing goals.
- Scale our story with the company: Steer us through big launches (new products, features, clients,) while keeping our team and community informed and aligned.
- Join us at a unique time: Hopin is moving fast. We're already profitable, and have more than 4 million users in over 185 countries. You'd join at the perfect time to shape how the world sees us and the role we want to play.
What We’re Looking For
- 6-10 years experience evolving a startup to a mature scaleup and building out the go to market strategy and processes for a successful comms operation.
- A sharp, editorial eye with a strong sense of polish and for what’s on-brand and what’s not.
- A brand and PR expert — you’ve worked on projects with millions of eyeballs.
- You've worked in tech communications long enough to have trusted and positive relationships with the media and industry analysts.
- You've pitched stories to major outlets that have made a positive impact for a brand.
- You've helped a company that is newly in the public eye navigate a variety of situations.
- You’ve managed PR agencies, contractors, and vendors to help you achieve results faster.
- You're both highly strategic and very executional — you can originate an initiative and see it through to publication.
- You’ve built out internal media guidelines and corporate policies at a fast-growth company.
Bonus Points If
- You have experience with managing public two-sided marketplaces that require guidelines, policies, and curation.
- You have experience working to tell stories internationally, partnering with PR firms or contractors, and coordinating launches in other countries 🌎
Fully remote team, work from any corner of the world
Laptop assigned, Mac or Windows
800 USD for Home-Office set up
At Hopin, we're committed to cultivating an environment that promotes equality, diversity, and inclusion. We are a global community and we believe our unique qualities must be celebrated as they are critical to our innovation. It's essential to us that you bring your authentic self to work every single day, no matter your age, ethnicity, religion, citizenship, gender identity, sexual orientation, disability status, neurodiversity, or otherwise. Inclusion isn't just an initiative at Hopin. We strive to embed it not just into our core values but throughout our entire ecosystem.