At Hopin, we’re reimagining virtual events.
As the first all-in-one virtual venue for live online events, Hopin brings people together in a highly interactive and engaging online experience that feels just like an in-person event, only without the barriers.
We’re spearheading the innovative technology that is enabling people to gather online like never before. Whether it’s a 50-person meetup, or a 50,000-person conference—any type of event organizer can host a Hopin event for their attendees, speakers, sponsors, and vendors to convene and interact face-to-face online.
Our mission is simple: better connections for a better planet.
We believe in events without limits, but events that are sustainable and accessible to everyone—and fun, too! To do this, we need passionate builders and storytellers to join us. Do you love people and technology and the magic that happens when they converge at scale? Do you have the skills and experience we’re looking for to better serve our clients? If so, we’d like to meet.
We’ve recently been funded by Accel, Northzone, Seedcamp, Web Summit’s Fund, Slack Fund and a number of high-profile angel investors participated, including Supercell founder Ilkka Paananen, UiPath founder Daniel Dines, Intercom founder Des Traynor, GoCardless COO Carlos Gonzalez-Cadenas and Miro founder Andrey Khusid.
As part of our Hybrid Products organization, we are looking for a self-driven and ambitious Android developer responsible for the development and maintenance of the new Hopin mobile app. Your primary focus will be development of the application and its integration with back-end services. We are seeking a highly motivated individual who is comfortable in a fast paced start-up environment as well as working with a remote development team. Therefore, a commitment to collaborative problem solving, sophisticated design, and the creation of a quality product is essential.
- Design and build application for the Android platform
- Ensure the performance, quality, and responsiveness of application
- Collaborate with a team to define, design, and ship new features
- Identify and correct bottlenecks and fix bugs
- Help maintain code quality, organization, and automatization
- Commercial experience with Kotlin (2+ years), preferably B2C
- Good understanding of asynchronous request handling, e.g. Retrofit, coroutines
- MVVM, ViewModel and LiveData
- Data persistence, e.g. Room DB, Realms.io
- Solid experience working in an agile development environment
- Passion for clean code
- Strong analytical and critical thinking
Nice to have
- Experience with video streaming, e.g. WebRTC, Twilio, OpenTok
- Experience with websockets, e.g. Pusher
- Reactive programming, e.g. RxJava, Kotlin Flow
- Competitive salary
- Fully remote team, work from any corner of the world
- Flexible schedules
- Laptop assigned, Mac or Windows
- $800 USD for Home-Office set up
At Hopin, we're committed to cultivating an environment that promotes equality, diversity, and inclusion. We are a global community and we believe our unique qualities must be celebrated as they are critical to our innovation. It's essential to us that you bring your authentic self to work every single day, no matter your age, ethnicity, religion, citizenship, gender identity, sexual orientation, disability status, neurodiversity, or otherwise. Inclusion isn't just an initiative at Hopin. We strive to embed it not just into our core values but throughout our entire ecosystem.