Hopin is seeking a software performance engineer to undertake regular performance profiling of its backend application, and to diagnose and find ways to fix scaling issues.
Hopin’s usage is growing at an enormous pace, and production traffic is increasing week over week. This brings the opportunity for the engineering team to stay ahead of anticipated production loads by creating simulated stress tests, and then quickly developing solutions to scale problems.
We're excited to be working with someone who is highly motivated, comfortable in a fast-paced start-up environment and is happy to work with a remote team. We're currently more than 150 and growing.
Our organisation is remote-first. We currently have staff in over two dozen countries. We operate around the clock and strive to support flexible hours and schedules but our primary business hours are London, UK time and your work schedule would be expected to accommodate.
- Building a deep understanding of the scalability and performance of Hopin’s systems by automating performance tests to achieve our ambitious growth needs.
- Automating frequent performance tests and gathering and analysing results.
- Working closely with other groups of engineers to solve scale and performance problems.
- Improving the load testing capability at Hopin by using appropriate test tooling, monitoring and automation.
- 5+ years of performance engineering experience working on distributed systems at scale.
- Demonstrable experience learning new technologies on your own.
- Extensive experience running performance tests against systems, and organizing and sharing performance results.
- Experience creating and maintaining complex test data and load testing environments.
- Experience in automated load testing frameworks.
- You’ve scaled a system to support hundreds of thousands of concurrent users.
- Familiarity with distributed performance testing tools, such as Jmeter, Gatling, Blazemeter, Flood.io and others.
- Tuning experience around connection pools, thread pools, caches, load balancing and more.
- Experience automating complex multi-step processes.
- Experience with telemetry/diagnostic systems like Honeycomb.io, New Relic, Prometheus, Grafana, Datadog, etc.
- Good knowledge of version control.
- Great written and spoken English.
Nice to have:
- Experience in load testing video.
- Excellent knowledge of PostgreSQL/RDS/Aurora and how to get the most out of it.
- Knowledge of Git and GitHub.
- Experience with both Heroku and AWS.
- Experience with Ruby on Rails.
More about you
- You work well in a very fast paced startup environment.
- You probably have a computer science background, or something similar.
- You’re a concise, accurate communicator.
- You dig deep to find out the facts and you support them with data.
- You’re a great collaborator.
- You win support for your initiatives.
- You get others to effect changes by persuading whoever necessary.
- Competitive salary
- Fully remote team, work from any corner of the world
- Flexible schedules
- Laptop assigned, Mac or DELL XPS
- 800 USD for Home-Office set up
At Hopin, we're committed to cultivating an environment that promotes equality, diversity, and inclusion. We are a global community and we believe our unique qualities must be celebrated as they are critical to our innovation. It's essential to us that you bring your authentic self to work every single day, no matter your age, ethnicity, religion, citizenship, gender identity, sexual orientation, disability status, neurodiversity, or otherwise. Inclusion isn't just an initiative at Hopin. We strive to embed it not just into our core values but throughout our entire ecosystem.