Role: Internal Communications Manager
We are looking for an experienced internal communications expert who is strategic and solutions-oriented. We need a story-teller and creative thinker with high attention to detail and the ability to remain flexible in a fast-paced environment. Experience developing and executing proactive internal communication plans and managing cross-functional projects is preferred.
The ideal candidate will excel at working collaboratively across functions, levels and cultures while consistently delivering high-quality work even under severe time constraints. You will influence and collaborate with the executive and people teams to plan and improve company-wide internal communications. Additional responsibilities:
- Drive thoughtful communication strategies that are representative of company values and culture in a global setting through story-telling and creating materials
- Turn complex topics into relevant and engaging narratives, defining the right time, tone, channel and audience. Write and develop messaging that connects employees to company priorities, strategies and announcements.
- Develop communication tools & channels strategy (e.g. determine use of intranet, Slack, email, G-suite comms)
- Provide ‘internal PR’ support, including crisis communications
- Act as a communications consultant to team members to help develop campaigns for internal programs or initiatives
- Partner with the People Team to plan, communicate, and coordinate celebratory occasions, company communication initiatives, volunteer activities, and other team member engagement opportunities
Hopin’s Internal Communications Manager will work closely with the executive team, the people team and will report into the Chief of Staff.
- Minimum of 5 years of relevant communications experience
- Experience writing and producing content for a global, diverse audience via multiple channels
- Self motivated and able to drive communications initiatives across all functions and levels, including at a senior level to the executive team and board
- Enthusiasm for leading internal communications in a unique, fully remote environment where email and face-to-face meetings are not the standard communication media
- Ability to solve problems using judgement and analysis, providing practical, timely and proactive communications guidance and support
- Excellent organizational skills, time management, and priority setting
- Deadline oriented, and able to work in a fast-paced environment with ever-changing priorities
- Experience in a fast-moving startup/scale up environment is ideal
- Proficiency in communication tools such as Slack, and G-Suite is a must
We are currently a remote team and are open to remote applications from all over the world.