WHO WE ARE
Hook is a Creative Production Agency. With a collaborative, maker-centric team, and an emphasis on production-led design, we develop creative campaigns, short-form content, and websites for well known brands.
Our mission is to integrate creative and production to help grow brands faster. But we believe what’s most important are the people who work with us and the experience they have along the way. We want clients to think of us as the best agency they’ve ever worked with, and we want everyone at Hook to feel like this is the best job they’ve had yet.
And so, Hook is organized around the idea that small, diverse and autonomous teams create better work—and a better work experience. At around 20 people each, our pod-like teams are built with a mix of designers, writers, producers, animators, and technologists. Individuals at all levels and from all backgrounds, all empowered to connect with the client and make the creative challenge their own.
Design Directors are farsighted and decisive individual who can ensure that everything coming out of there team adheres to the clients goals and standards set by the creative team. They are relied on by clients, producers, and creatives as an expert in digital design tools, technologies, and techniques. Actively exploring the limits of current design tools with the aim of establishing and/or advocating new techniques and effects.
- Demonstrate a working mastery of both Visual and Interactive design capabilities
- Execute and manage original, persuasive, conceptual and visually compelling design work in line with agency standards
- Inspire, oversee and provide leadership to Design staff toward the goal of accelerating skill progression through a culture of collaboration, new ways of thinking and knowledge sharing
- Fluently speak the language of design with both clients and creatives enabling effective feedback and direction
- Work closely with Creative staff to ensure design work exceeds client expectations
- Maintain and promote an internal awareness of industry design trends and standards with a strong focus on processes and tools
- Cultivates a sense of ownership that elevates the standards and quality of all work achieved by the Designers
- Demonstrate an ability to juggle multiple projects at the same time while maintaining clear vision of priorities, overseeing larger team of designers and making sure everything is pixel perfect before facing the client
- A strong background with 6+ years of cutting edge creative work, and a master-level understanding of design, including typography and layout at least some in an agency environment
- Outstanding communication and presentation skills
- Imagination and creative ideas
- Tenacity and resilience while working through an iterative process
- A creative approach to business problems
- Enthusiasm for ideas within the agency as they move from concept to execution
- Masterful skills in Photoshop and Illustrator, as well as emerging interactive design trends (Knowledge of Sketch, After Effect and Cinema 4d a plus)
- Interest and experience in leading a team and mentoring team members
- Bachelor's degree or equivalent experience in a related field