Our mission is simple—we’re changing the way we care for our parents so they can live safely at home as they age. But how we accomplish our mission is anything but simple. Every day, we’re solving complex problems that don’t come with a playbook. Sound exciting? If you’re someone who shares our core values—Own the Outcome, Solve with Empathy, and Act with Honor—let’s talk.
Founded in 2014, Honor is now one of the fastest-growing, non-medical home care companies in the U.S. Why? We realized that by combining our amazing technology and operations with the local, personal touch of our partner agencies, we could make real progress transforming this fast-growing, $30BN industry. Honor’s unique approach is driving our leadership as an innovator—and our rapid growth. We have cutting-edge machine learning, a beautiful, well-designed app, and industry-leading design, paired with a strong sales, marketing, and support engine. But we're not a tech company, we're a human company. The technology we design just helps our people be even better at their jobs.
About the work:
We are looking for a Sr. Manager, HR Business Partner who can provide tactical and strategic guidance on people and organization development strategies in support of Honor’s goals. This role functions as a part of our HRBP team, reporting to the Director of People, HRBP, specifically supporting our Product and Engineering organization as well as a G&A organization. You’ll be balancing strategic partnership with your organization’s leaders, advocating for employees and their development, and contributing to Honor-wide initiatives in performance, talent, and engagement. Responsibilities include:
- Partner closely with the HRBP team to deliver best in class support of tactical and strategic HR programs related to employee engagement, performance management, and organizational effectiveness
- Partner closely with managers and employees to improve work relationships, build morale, and increase productivity and retention
- Provide HR guidance and support to business unit leaders, line managers, and employees
- Consult with business partners on organizational design and restructuring as well as workforce and succession planning
- Support leadership with talent management initiatives, including developing programs and/or tools to support talent management
- Mediate and resolve complex employee relations issues
- Conduct thorough and objective investigations, provide recommended follow up actions, and execute on any needed actions, as necessary
- Research and develop policies, guidelines and programs in order to proactively support employees and managers while also balancing the needs of the business
- Propose and manage special projects, initiatives or programs that drive business results or positively impact the employee experience
- Identify possible learning and development opportunities and partner with L&D to share observations and ideas
- Be a champion for Honor’s mission and our culture, both as a role model and in cross-company initiatives to help us scale and strengthen our culture as we grow
- Maintain in-depth knowledge of legal requirements related to day-to-day management of employees, reducing legal risks and ensuring regulatory compliance
This role may be a great fit if you’re a high touch business partner, a change agent who thrives in a fast-paced environment, and a trusted advisor who has strong relationship-building skills combined with effective listening and communication skills.
To succeed in the role, you’ll need:
- 7+ years of HR Business Partner or Generalist experience resolving complex employee relations issues and supporting performance management programs
- Experience supporting engineering or other technology business units
- Ability to exercise tact and diplomacy to resolve sensitive issues
- Ability to design and execute programs that meet the needs of the organization
- Ability to coach, mentor and advise where appropriate to help managers and employees grow and develop in alignment with business and personal goals
- Proven ability to influence various levels of leadership without direct authority in both an in person and virtual environment
- Strong judgement and analytical skills necessary to investigate complaints, advise on performance management, identify problems, and recommend solutions
- Excellent internal consulting skills and ability to build partnerships at all levels within the organization
- Bachelor’s degree preferred
- PHR, SPHR, SHRM-CP or SHRM-SCP preferred
We can’t wait to learn more about you, please apply below.
Honor is remote friendly! We're hiring across the U.S., with an entirely virtual interview and onboarding process. Moving forward, no roles will require permanent relocation, but as conditions allow, we'll have office space for in-person collaboration in our San Francisco Bay Area, CA and Austin, TX hubs. If you're looking for a great job that offers you the opportunity to work from home, we'd love to talk to you.
Want to know more about why Honor is a great place to work? Check out our perks!
This role doesn’t sound quite right? Send this application to a friend who may be a fit and check out our other available roles!
Honor is an equal opportunity employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex (including pregnancy), national origin, age, disability, genetic information, political affiliation or belief.