Our mission is simple—we’re changing the way we care for our parents so they can live safely at home as they age. But how we accomplish our mission is anything but simple. Every day, we’re solving complex problems that don’t come with a playbook. Sound exciting? If you’re someone who shares our core values—Own the Outcome, Solve with Empathy, and Act with Honor—let’s talk.
Founded in 2014, Honor is now one of the fastest-growing, non-medical home care companies in the U.S. Why? We realized that by combining our amazing technology and operations with the local, personal touch of our partner agencies, we could make real progress transforming this fast-growing, $30BN industry. Honor’s unique approach is driving our leadership as an innovator—and our rapid growth. We have cutting-edge machine learning, a beautiful, well-designed app, and industry-leading design, paired with a strong sales, marketing, and support engine. But we're not a tech company, we're a human company. The technology we design just helps our people be even better at their jobs.
About the work:
The Regulatory Specialist will be responsible for supporting the licensing acquisition and regulatory audit preparation across all of Honor’s new markets.
- Assist with research on new states to determine key regulatory requirements and licensing timelines.
- Support licensure preparation activities including application preparation, initial survey setup, and any additional state requirements (i.e. submitting documents to Agency for Healthcare Administration in Florida).
- Manage new state consultant relationship through weekly meetings and emails
- Responsible for tracking licensing applications and managing communication with state agencies.
- Provide regulatory and compliance training to cross-functional teams, including Growth, Operations, Human Resources and Finance.
- Research labor law requirements in new states and specific cities and counties
- Act as regulatory subject matter expert for new state setup to help support developing and implementing new or modified processes in support of new state requirements.
- Review regulations to confirm state requirements when flagged during market landscaping.
- Identify home care associations and sign-up for memberships, if applicable.
- 2-3 years experience in a regulatory or compliance capacity preferred.
- Healthcare experience preferred
- Keen attention to detail and strong organizational skills
- Vendor, partnership or consultant management experience preferred
- Strong presentation skills and the ability to digest large amounts of information and communicate relevant points to various audiences
- Ability to work across multiple time zones, as needed
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills
- Ability to work in ambiguity, identify gaps, and proactively develop solutions
- Ability to work cross-functionally with technical and non-technical stakeholders
- Action-oriented and a self-starter
- Technologically savvy including Google Docs and Slack
Honor is remote friendly! We're hiring across the U.S., with an entirely virtual interview and onboarding process. Moving forward, no roles will require permanent relocation, but as conditions allow, we'll have office space for in-person collaboration in our San Francisco Bay Area, CA and Austin, TX hubs. If you're looking for a great job that offers you the opportunity to work from home, we'd love to talk to you.
Want to know more about why Honor is a great place to work? Check out our perks!
This role doesn’t sound quite right? Send this application to a friend who may be a fit and check out our other available roles!